Restocks/Represses

doom-patrol-butts.gif

I Grabbed that Minami Deutsch I had previously missed, but scooped it from the label website where it's cheaper. Unfortunately, The Scattered Purgatory won't ship to US on there. Same with Kikagaku Moyo's House In The Tall Grass and Kumoyo Island, but I have those already. Masana Temple is gone

Last edited:

I'm sure a bunch of you are on our email list so I'm probably doubling up, but restocks this week were pretty crazy. Some highlights include:

Blur - 13 (painfully expensive import - but I know some folks on here were asking about it a few weeks ago)
Bleachers - MTV unplugged (RSD repress - it was going for crazy money - not sure how long this repress will last)
Karen O & Danger Mouse - Lux Prima (some stock found at a warehouse of this out of print title - likely a one-time restock)
Kiss Alive II Splatter Vinyl (Kiss webstore exclusive - small amount of stock made it to stores. It's expensive but we're probably way cheaper than the crazy discogs prices on this one)
Nirvana - Live at The Paramount on Transparent Orange Vinyl - (this is a weird one - bunch of stock was dropped in for a wide release on this a week or so ago. Looks like the only other pressing on this color was limited to 3500 and sells for boatloads on discogs. This is a wider pressing - but this is our first batch we've gotten so I don't even think there's a discogs release for it yet.)

There's so much more but I won't bore you with more text. Just hit the link here to see what all was received this week:

I don’t know what sort of dark magicks are at work here but it just made me order a Ray Charles MoFi and a Karen O record.

it looks like JPC is going to carry all Blur represses for the following albums. as a reminder, prices will adjust to get rid of VAT once you sign in or input that US is the destination.
  1. Leisure (end of Feb 23) - Blur: Leisure (180g) (Special-Limited-Edition) (LP) – jpc
  2. Modern Life is Rubbish (mid Feb 23) - Blur: Modern Life Is Rubbish (180g) (Special Limited Edition) (2 LPs) – jpc
  3. Parklife (end of Feb 23) - Blur: Parklife (180g) (2 LPs) – jpc
  4. The Great Escape (end of Feb 23) - Blur: The Great Escape (180g) (Special Limited Edition) (2 LPs) – jpc
  5. Blur (mid Feb 2023) - Blur: Blur (180g) (2 LPs) – jpc
  6. 13 (was but gone)
  7. Think Tank (In Stock) - Blur: Think Tank (180g) (Special Edition) (2 LPs) – jpc
@zdkaiser looks like all they are missing is 13 of course

it looks like JPC is going to carry all Blur represses for the following albums. as a reminder, prices will adjust to get rid of VAT once you sign in or input that US is the destination.
  1. Leisure (end of Feb 23) - Blur: Leisure (180g) (Special-Limited-Edition) (LP) – jpc
  2. Modern Life is Rubbish (mid Feb 23) - Blur: Modern Life Is Rubbish (180g) (Special Limited Edition) (2 LPs) – jpc
  4. The Great Escape (end of Feb 23) - Blur: The Great Escape (180g) (Special Limited Edition) (2 LPs) – jpc
  6. 13 (was but gone)
  7. Think Tank (In Stock) - Blur: Think Tank (180g) (Special Edition) (2 LPs) – jpc

Plaidroom still has them in stock. Not the cheapest thing of all time, but not far off what you'd pay to import.

Plaidroom still has them in stock. Not the cheapest thing of all time, but not far off what you'd pay to import.

yea saw that but it's pretty substantially cheaper at JPC if they get them back in stock. something like $15 cheaper even with shipping.

You would have to expect this will be reissued at some point in the US. It’s not like Blur are some absurd Brit Pop band that never translated to America. I purchase my copy off of Amazon 5 years ago for like $14. I bet a NA repress will happen soon enough, if you’ve waited this long to add it what’s a little more time.

6. 13 (was but gone)
I changed my mind and think I'm gonna pass on the Blur reissues. Thanks for tagging me though!

I was mostly after Think Tank, but the notion of having to get up to skip the third track "Crazy Beat" (I fucking hate, hate, hate that song) every damn time, made me decide I'll just stream this album.

Also, trying to keep the collection lean in 2023. I've run out of space and time to listen to everything I currently have.

You would have to expect this will be reissued at some point in the US. It’s not like Blur are some absurd Brit Pop band that never translated to America. I purchase my copy off of Amazon 5 years ago for like $14. I bet a NA repress will happen soon enough, if you’ve waited this long to add it what’s a little more time.
i think the EU represses are because Blur has some tour dates coming up in europe/UK. hoping they repress here too...

Back