Restocks/Represses

Technicolor Paradise - the amazing Numero exotica comp - is FINALLY back.

A bit pricier this go-around, but hot damn if I'm not tempted to smash that buy button.

great, short-lived band featuring Joe Preston and Jared and Scott of KARP.
email notification i received said this would be the final repress (/200). a nice thing to have while we wait another decade for KARP's "Self-Titled LP" to get reissued

A friend of mine recorded this back in the day

The whole show might be on this account. There are several videos from it

The show was in Oly

hell yeah! was just watching the video of KARP at Yo-Yo a Go-Go... what a powerhouse drummer scott was, jesus! thanks to your friend for recording this 🙌

hell yeah! was just watching the video of KARP at Yo-Yo a Go-Go... what a powerhouse drummer scott was, jesus! thanks to your friend for recording this 🙌

It was just a house show. There's a ton of this type of shit floating around from back in the day, a lot of which I'm sure hasn't even been transferred to digital yet. I had an old reel to reel that still had a recording he did for Lords Of Lightspeed, which was a post-Hoodwinks project by the Weaver brothers before they started doing Wolves In The Throne Room.

EDIT: oh shit! This looks like the album.

It has his name (Justin/Mac Dawg) listed in the personnel and keeps referencing the 8-track.

Last edited:
more incoming MoFi restocks:

cross post from preorder thread....Back To Mine is repressing a bunch of their older compilations. This one seems great:

Tracklist:

A Side
Dido - My Life
Dusted - Childhood
Sub Sub - Past
Marshall Jefferson vs. Noosa Heads - Mushrooms (Salt City Orchestra Out There Mix)

B Side
Bomb the Bass - Bug Powder Dust (Kruder & Dorfmeister Session)
Tindersticks - Another Night In
Pauline Taylor - Solo Mystery Man

C Side
Bent - I Love My Man (Original Version)
Faithless - Sunday 8pm
Alex Gopher - The Child (Album Version)

D Side
Aaron Neville - Hercules
Mazzy Star - Fade into You
Shinehead - Billie Jean

cross post from preorder thread....Back To Mine is repressing a bunch of their older compilations. This one seems great:

Tracklist:

A Side
Dido - My Life
Dusted - Childhood
Sub Sub - Past
Marshall Jefferson vs. Noosa Heads - Mushrooms (Salt City Orchestra Out There Mix)

B Side
Bomb the Bass - Bug Powder Dust (Kruder & Dorfmeister Session)
Tindersticks - Another Night In
Pauline Taylor - Solo Mystery Man

C Side
Bent - I Love My Man (Original Version)
Faithless - Sunday 8pm
Alex Gopher - The Child (Album Version)

D Side
Aaron Neville - Hercules
Mazzy Star - Fade into You
Shinehead - Billie Jean

Aaron Neville's "Hercules" is an absolute beast of a song!

Aaron Neville's "Hercules" is an absolute beast of a song!
Yep. That D side on this album is 🔥 I think I heard Hercules on Grand Theft Auto radio years ago and fell in love with it haha. I tracked it down on a Neville Bros compilation in Japan since I think it was only available on vinyl on 45 or one or two comps.

Yep. That D side on this album is 🔥 I think I heard Hercules on Grand Theft Auto radio years ago and fell in love with it haha. I tracked it down on a Neville Bros compilation in Japan since I think it was only available on vinyl on 45 or one or two comps.

I first heard it a lifetime or two ago on a UK import compilation CD we'd brought into the HMV I worked at. Until that moment I'd only been familiar with his cover of Cohen's "Bird on a Wire." Absolute game changer for me and my musical spread!

I first heard it a lifetime or two ago on a UK import compilation CD we'd brought into the HMV I worked at. Until that moment I'd only been familiar with his cover of Cohen's "Bird on a Wire." Absolute game changer for me and my musical spread!
Yea--I had previously only known him from songs like "I Don't Know Much" with Linda Ronstadt, which got tons of radio play when I was a kid. And from some comedy routines of people doing impressions of him. I was pretty surprised when I saw Hercules was by him. He's got some really awesome songs.

Yea--I had previously only known him from songs like "I Don't Know Much" with Linda Ronstadt, which got tons of radio play when I was a kid. And from some comedy routines of people doing impressions of him. I was pretty surprised when I saw Hercules was by him. He's got some really awesome songs.
For me it was on Wyclef Jean's version of Mona Lisa. I was blown away and listened to it over and over before I went out and tracked down more of his music. Like @avecigrec it made me branch out in my musical tastes.

Just picked up this 2xLP pressing of Om Advaitic Songs. It's phenomenal. Pressed at 45rpm. Just a huge sound from Al Cisnero's bass. Plenty of eastern instrumentation from Robert Wiki Aubrey Lowe (among others). Top notch mastering from John Golden, with some engineering from Steve Albini (and others). If you're a fan of stoner metal, Sleep, doom, etc. this album is a fun listen. Top notch pressing. Definitely sounds as good as other audiophile pressings I own. Highly recommended!
OM Advaitic Songs repress available at Drag City with no download, or at Bandcamp with download for an extra $2 plus tax

Last edited:
OM Advaitic Songs repress available

Might be the best sounding record I own. Just incredible.

Also, my favorite Om album.

Edit: I'll add it was plated and pressed at RTI.

Last edited:
more incoming MoFi restocks:

these are now live.

Back