Restocks/Represses

Love this album! Overkill and It's a Mistake are some high school favorites of mine.

Is this a new silver label “Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab” or a repress? I don’t remember it from the original batch of silver labels.

I consider the entire run between 1999 and 2007 to be flawless. Any of these, but the secret name/things we lost/trust trifecta is IMO perfect.

secret name
things we lost in the fire
trust
great destroyer
drums and guns

I would also heavily recommend the 1999 "Christmas" EP which was their first real brush with "fame" when Macy's used their "Little Drummer Boy" on one of their Christmas ads ages ago. If you can find it (and it's hard to find,) the b-sides collection "a lifetime of temporary relief" is wonderful, but it's only available on CD (many of their singles are cd-only, and you'd miss out on such gems as their smiths cover ("last night I dreamt that somebody loved me") or their pink floyd cover ("fearless").

I don't know if it would be familiar to others that have posted, but some might be interested in the Brainwashed Eye (the video arm of the brainwashed.com site) interview w/ Low but that might be too inside-baseball for someone new to the band.

+1 on galaxie 500 and codeine mentions.

since ya brought up the christmas EP! just saw this.

Looks like Phish’s A Picture of Nectar is gonna be a RSD Essential release this coming this Friday, 08/04…
Ribbon reflector and cushion convector’s for everyone!

since ya brought up the christmas EP! just saw this.
Discogs shows four vinyl pressings of this record, one of which is available on Amazon. Curious that the blurb for this pre-order hypes it as a first-time vinyl release.

Discogs shows four vinyl pressings of this record, one of which is available on Amazon. Curious that the blurb for this pre-order hypes it as a first-time vinyl release.
my guess is it's the generic label blurb about it that was used. stranded isn't reissuing this, it was just the first place i noticed it up. this is a kranky release as they keep reissuing/repressing the Low catalogue.

my guess is it's the generic label blurb about it that was used. stranded isn't reissuing this, it was just the first place i noticed it up. this is a kranky release as they keep reissuing/repressing the Low catalogue.
Makes sense, probably from its initial release.

Huh. I picked it up off bandcamp some time ago (it was the subpop version IIRC) but Low has since removed it from the bandcamp. I assume Kranky will be re-releasing it soonish and that's why they removed it. It really is a wonderful record. It's got that sort of slow muffled feel that I associate with wintertime and has a mix of classic carols and dark songs that I associate with Low ("take the long way around the sea....because Herod's going to kill you if you don't" and "If you were born today")

Built To Spill's finest moments, available once more. I assume these are still the KPG cuts

mail

Killer OG Fat Possum t-shirts restocked. Even if you don't like their vinyl, you gotta like their tri-blend.

Last edited:
Here’s something kinda fun that I know @Yer Ol' Uncle D will probably enjoy…

View attachment 179497
View attachment 179498
View attachment 179499
View attachment 179500
View attachment 179501
I just talked to Nick on Saturday. Great dude and he has a new radio show on The Summit about Akron's musical history during that time. I have that Bizarros / Rubber City Rebels LP and it is fire.

Back