Restocks/Represses

Billy said Aronoff disliked playing with the 2 percussionists on that tour, that it 'drove him (Aronoff) crazy' and ' was like a LSD trip' because one would play ahead of him and one behind him, which was disorienting. He also said Garson was difficult to play with because he's so exceptional that he decided earlier in his career to never repeat a performance and just roll with the moment, so his improvising made it hard for the band to predict how he'd play his parts.

Have you ever seen or heard anything from the Adore tour? The songs take on a whole new life live. It's some of the best live stuff the Pumpkins have ever done IMO.
I saw them on this tour in Sunrise in Ft Lauderdale and yes, Aronoff was a real powerhouse. Jimmy being gone was the one thing that gave me real pause on adore. Chamberlain was the ticking heart of that band, although with him gone, it was another role Billy had to do, which I think is one of the reasons why post Mellon collie material is so much more uneven than pre. Note the more even attempts (Oceania, zeitgeist,) show him in full effect.

I saw them on this tour in Sunrise in Ft Lauderdale and yes, Aronoff was a real powerhouse. Jimmy being gone was the one thing that gave me real pause on adore. Chamberlain was the ticking heart of that band, although with him gone, it was another role Billy had to do, which I think is one of the reasons why post Mellon collie material is so much more uneven than pre. Note the more even attempts (Oceania, zeitgeist,) show him in full effect.
I really liked Oceania best of the "post breakup" era and wouldn't mind a repress. Mike Byrne was incredible on drums on those sessions. The original vinyl didn't sound that great, as I recall. I am looking forward to the upcoming Adore pressing.

I just came across a recent reissue of a 1980s Japanese Indie Rock act, Hallelujahs - Eat Meat, Swear an Oath.

I am really digging it's very guitar driven sound. Worth checking out if that's your thing.

Back