Rega Planar 3 turntable + Rega Exact 2 cartridge = Perfect match???

Funknfirm are on my naughty list mate.
Bought the achromatic beginning of Dec and I'm still bloody waiting.
Petty of me, I know, but until it arrives they won't be getting a Christmas card!🤣🤣

That’s fair enough. If anything happens to my current one it’ll be my next table but that website is a mess so I’ll totally be emailing them with my requirements and waiting for the price to come back!

I'd read that the G was the one to get as it has the Magnesium tonearm with brass platter?

It is if you’ve got 3 grand. If not the GR is pretty good for 1.3k and you can always upgrade the arm to a better one again than the G.

That’s fair enough. If anything happens to my current one it’ll be my next table but that website is a mess so I’ll totally be emailing them with my requirements and waiting for the price to come back!
To be fair, the guy did reach out and offer me the 5mm matt and free spacers to suit but I declined. With me fitting the AT and having to put the 2mm spacer in I wasn't sure how that would work.
Plus I wanted white!
Got to be white!
Very glad the P6 only comes in Matt grey or I'd have one by now. Droopy plinth and all!🤣🤣

To be fair, the guy did reach out and offer me the 5mm matt and free spacers to suit but I declined. With me fitting the AT and having to put the 2mm spacer in I wasn't sure how that would work.
Plus I wanted white!
Got to be white!
Very glad the P6 only comes in Matt grey or I'd have one by now. Droopy plinth and all!🤣🤣

Ah sounds like a production delay on the 2mm one then rather than them being dicks at least! Totally agree, the white one will make any colour records you have pop, it’d be the one I’d want too in your shoes!

Plus I wanted white!
Got to be white!
Meet Droopy the P6 mascot.

30E0BA3A-8794-4333-B910-B8D8E8C6C8BB.png

I'd read that the G was the one to get as it has the Magnesium tonearm with brass platter?
When things get back to normal get yourself across to Whitley Bay and you can have a play about with my 1210GR. I went from a RP3 that had been modded up pretty much as far as I could get it. The 1210 blew it away

You've just scared me right off upgradi g to a P6!
Only leaves the MoFi Ultradeck or Technics 1200G as options. In my head at least.
Not sure if this suggestion will be as price equivalent in the UK as it is in Canada, but if you have a chance give an Acoustic Signature Primus with a TA-500 tonearm some consideration as competition to the 1200GR and Ultradeck. My wife and I purchased our WOW XXL on the strength of auditioning a Primus sporting a Charisma MC-1 Alpha for a cart and it stunned. For us it was superior to our time spent with the Ultradeck and 1200G. All three options, howevver, were a noticeable improvement over our Franken-P3 being replaced.

Just something to consider, anyway. Cheers!

Not sure if this suggestion will be as price equivalent in the UK as it is in Canada, but if you have a chance give an Acoustic Signature Primus with a TA-500 tonearm some consideration as competition to the 1200GR and Ultradeck. My wife and I purchased our WOW XXL on the strength of auditioning a Primus sporting a Charisma MC-1 Alpha for a cart and it stunned. For us it was superior to our time spent with the Ultradeck and 1200G. All three options, howevver, were a noticeable improvement over our Franken-P3 being replaced.

Just something to consider, anyway. Cheers!
I wish I had purchased an Acoustic Signature years ago when they were first introduced to the US market. Alas, the models I liked are long discontinued and the prices have shot up.

I wish I had purchased an Acoustic Signature years ago when they were first introduced to the US market. Alas, the models I liked are long discontinued and the prices have shot up.
We were very fortunate to get the WOW XXL on epic clearance, though the Primus was reasonably priced. And now that I look at their site, apparently discontinued. So much for being helpful. Sigh.

If you recall, HiFi Guy, what models were you interested in at the time?

We were very fortunate to get the WOW XXL on epic clearance, though the Primus was reasonably priced. And now that I look at their site, apparently discontinued. So much for being helpful. Sigh.

If you recall, HiFi Guy, what models were you interested in at the time?
I have no recollection as it was 20 years ago. It was whatever they had for about $2k. Ended up buying a SOTA Star w/ vacuum platter- a big mistake.

Have to say, the Funk Firm in white with the walnut looks beautiful.
Has anyone had a listen to it?
I haven’t. It was more than the Ultradeck when I was looking- $2600 here. When Music Direct closed them out, they were $1700 or so but I’d already bought the MoFi.

Back