Record Store Day 2024

was able to get all of my needs this record store day! my favorite thing from my nearest local shop is that since post-covid, they don’t do a regular line anymore where you have to camp out early morning/previous night, instead they start giving out wristbands a week in advance for allocated time slots to go inside the shop. i was able to get a wristband for a guaranteed time slot at 8:30am, so no need for me to camp out hours in advance, just had to show up a couple of mins earlier.

i found everything i was looking for. even grabbed the sun ra lps for a split second, my local only had one copy of each, but ended up putting them back on the bins. like most of you have said, prices this year are a bit whack. the fleet foxes and south park lps were reasonably priced, but the sun ra was overpriced. i may end up reconsidering if i find them again later this weekend

IMG_7850.jpeg

IMG_7849.jpeg

What a fantastic day. My lady showed up right before we could go in. Did some purchasing and had a few drinks afterward. Talked to many other music fans and the staff quite a bit. Didn't have everything I wanted there, but was able to hit another store for those. Worked out nicely. Then delivered some flowers. Home now ready for a nap while the Safelite guy replaces a windshield for us. Will post grabs in a bit after a rest.

I got to Princeton at 6:10am for a 10am opening. That usually puts me anywhere from 10-20 in line. As I drove up I was horrified to see that the line was already wrapped around the corner. I ended up 85th in line! As expected, many were there for Olivia Rodrigo / Noah Kahan, including the guy in front of me and the girl behind me. When we were about 10-12 from the merch, they announced that all the Olivia/Noah's were sold out. I felt so bad for them, but I told them to try Plaid Room, Bullmoose and a couple other online stores tomorrow.

It took me over 6 1/2 hours from arrival to get to the merch - I have never seen such a long line so early in the morning. I had gone there yesterday to do recon and learned that they had only received 1 copy of two items on my want list - The Hip and Malfunkshun. So, I was astounded that both were still available when it was my turn! No David Byrne / Paramore 12", no Keane, no Bowie left, but I did really well for being so far back.

Unfortunately, cell signal is abysmal there so I was unable to get online, but I do plan to go out again tomorrow, so will be happy to look through leftovers for things people still want. I had planned to go to Spin Me Round in Easton after Princeton, but after 7+ hours in the chilly rain, then hot sun, I was just too tired to make the 1hr 20 minute drive.

1713643015672.jpeg

I struck out on Bill Evans and am looking for that. The only other thing I wanted this year was Mal Waldron/Steve Lacy, which I got.

Both shops I went to said they only got a couple bill Evans and they were gone almost instantly
Wanna say exiled still has a couple. Might want to call

Back