Record Store Day 2024

I've really enjoyed my mornings lining up with the folks around here too. Hell, the last time I did was for a drop where the store wasn't getting anything I really wanted, but I still went for kicks. Haven't been able to in a bit because of family stuff but I miss a couple of the folks that would be in line (one of them lives on one of the smaller islands near here and would always plan a trip to town for RSD - his wife would be asleep at the hotel and he'd be I line with his camping chair and a book. I'd take a book every time too, but seldom actually get any reading done due to chatting.
Right on! I used to go with a bunch of stuff; book, coffee, flask, lawn chair, headphones, etc… to pass the time but as the years have passed I now bring less and less with me. The booze and coffee just make me have to piss and I never really used any else I brought. I still bring my chair to save my spot while I wonder about but I rarely actually sit in it.

Right on! I used to go with a bunch of stuff; book, coffee, flask, lawn chair, headphones, etc… to pass the time but as the years have passed I now bring less and less with me. The booze and coffee just make me have to piss and I never really used any else I brought. I still bring my chair to save my spot while I wonder about but I rarely actually sit in it.

Our line-up was always good about holding a spot for someone if they wanted to run to Starbucks or Tim Hortons for a bathroom break or coffee. And usually if anybody was headed to either they'd check and see if anybody wanted anything. We never really hit more than a dozen people so it was pretty chill. For the 3-drop year my old restaurant was still right across the street from the record shop and had a coffee service deliver a big urn of fresh coffee every morning, so I'd be able to pop over and refill my coffee while waiting for the store to open (it was traditionally my first stop afterwards to showcase my loot too, and occasionally my buddy would have me grab something for him since he couldn't pop over while doing prep for the day.)

As per usual I'm asking for help from you RSD Road Warriors, if possible if anyone has a chance to grab a copy of "Lost In Translation (Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack) [Deluxe Edition]" for me it would be appreciated.

Shoot me a DM and I'll get you paid on the spot.

As always, thanks for the help :)

I am probably a bit weird but I activity enjoy waking up super early and waiting in line with a bunch of fellow weirdos to buy records. I would appreciate more appealing selection of titles but at this point it’s almost secondary to the comradery that comes with spending the wee hours of the morning with likeminded music fans. There are a handful of people that I only see while waiting in line for RSD, we catch up, tell stories, talk about the hobby. Not too different than what I experienced on here on a daily basis but in real life instead.
This is how I feel every year (well twice with RSDBF). Bummed the buddy I usually go with is out of town. We usually go for breakfast after hitting the first store, have a couple bevvies, and maybe hit another store.

Hoping to pick up the Bottle Rockets $48, Bare Jr $37, Tinted Windows $30 and Steve Conte $24 records. Have a lot of things on the maybe list, but it'll be the prices and if I have beer in hand already that will help that decision.

Some maybe's -

Come - $40
Malfunkshun - $36
Mudhoney box - $125
Replacements live - $38
Screaming Trees - $33
Tom Verlaine box - $100
Wilco (I already have the album, do I really need the 3LP..prob not) - $72
Neil Young - $42
Fleet Foxes - $40
Dr John - $43

Prices are about what I'm seeing from different sites.

Curious if either the Mudhoney or Verlaine boxes I kind find on discount later. That Fleet Foxes for a 3LP seems like a solid price.

Hoping to pick up the Bottle Rockets $48, Bare Jr $37, Tinted Windows $30 and Steve Conte $24 records. Have a lot of things on the maybe list, but it'll be the prices and if I have beer in hand already that will help that decision.

Some maybe's -

Come - $40
Malfunkshun - $36
Mudhoney box - $125
Replacements live - $38
Screaming Trees - $33
Tom Verlaine box - $100
Neil Young - $42
Fleet Foxes - $40
Dr John - $43

Curious if either the Mudhoney or Verlaine boxes I kind find on discount later. That Fleet Foxes for a 3LP seems like a solid price.
You forgot the Acetone live album.

Some maybe's -

Come - $40
Malfunkshun - $36
Mudhoney box - $125
Replacements live - $38
Screaming Trees - $33
Tom Verlaine box - $100
Neil Young - $42
Fleet Foxes - $40
Dr John - $43

Where did you see the Malfunkshun pricing? I haven’t found it yet (admittedly I haven’t searched much) I have a feeling that one will be most difficult to find since there are only 1300. It is listed as a first release so I should be able to pick it up later.

Where did you see the Malfunkshun pricing? I haven’t found it yet (admittedly I haven’t searched much) I have a feeling that one will be most difficult to find since there are only 1300. It is listed as a first release so I should be able to pick it up later.
Bull Moose has it cheaper

Kinda want G. Love, but do I want to spend $40?

I'm selling at a flea market barn sale Saturday from 8am-noon, maybe if I make some extra cash, I'll swing over to the closest shop and see what's left.

I think either on the Jackpot site or Rough Trade. Rough Trade looks extra spendy this year, my locals are usually nearer the bottom half of prices I see online. I'm not sure I totally need that, just looked like a good document of the time.

After a deep dive into the list this is where I am currently.

Definitely:

Acetone - I've Enjoyed As Much Of This As I Can Stand - Live at the Knitting Factory, NYC: May 31, 1998 $45

Bare Jr. - Boo-Tay $36

Dean & Britta - L'Avventura $35

Fleet Foxes - Live Boston Harbor $40

Meat Puppets - Live In Montana $26

The Replacements - Not Ready for Prime Time: Live At The Cabaret Metro, Chicago, IL, January 11, 1986 $35

Sonic Youth - Hits Are For Squares $45

Maybe:

Talking Heads - Live at WCOZ 77

De La Soul - Live at Tramps, NYC, 1996 $35

Team Sleep - Team Sleep $45

Wilco - The Whole Love Expanded $73

Earl Hooker - There's A Fungus Amung Us $30

If they end up being discounted at some point over the next year or two:

Monty Alexander Trio - Montreux Alexander: The Monty Alexander Trio Live! At The Montreux Festival

Gandalf - Gandalf

The Monkees - The Birds, The Bees, and The Monkees

Tad - Infrared Riding Hood

Last edited:
My local has it listed for $34.99

Back