Record Store Day 2022

If anyone still needs dream widow

Shabaka still in stock at Plaid Room:

I think this is the first RSD in over a year where I actually got anything:

cWWS5rk.jpg

My main objective was the Stark Reality and managed to snag the very last copy, much to the chagrin of the dude right behind me who also wanted a copy.

They had tons of copies of Shabaka, Madlib, and Jazz Dispensary so I'd wager a guess that none of those will be too hard to find for folks looking online later.

Edit: wish I checked this thread before leaving, as it sounds like a few of y'all are on the hunt for that Shabaka. Like I said, my store had a bunch so hopefully a few other places did too and will available online without too much hassle.

An update on this -- I opened Shabaka and discovered two puncture marks on the first song of Side A. Basically it looked like someone tried to staple something to the record 😰

Like I said yesterday, the store had plenty of copies of Shabaka so when I went back with it this morning I was able to swap it out. I thanked the shop owner for a relatively hassle-free exchange and he then took my busted copy... and marked it down $10 and put it back on the shelf.

An update on this -- I opened Shabaka and discovered two puncture marks on the first song of Side A. Basically it looked like someone tried to staple something to the record 😰

Like I said yesterday, the store had plenty of copies of Shabaka so when I went back with it this morning I was able to swap it out. I thanked the shop owner for a relatively hassle-free exchange and he then took my busted copy... and marked it down $10 and put it back on the shelf.
Did he at least put a note explaining why it was marked down? I don't know about most people but $10 less wouldn't be worth it for a record that cannot play the first track. In fact, I wouldn't want the record for free.

Did he at least put a note explaining why it was marked down? I don't know about most people but $10 less wouldn't be worth it for a record that cannot play the first track. In fact, I wouldn't want the record for free.
Not that I could tell. I was expecting he'd just return it to the distributor for having a manufacturing defect and get reimbursed so uhh... yeah hopefully any prospective buyer actually takes it out and listens/inspects it first.

My overall experience with this shop in the past has been positive and I always try to inspect used vinyl before buying but seeing that definitely gave me some pause.

I just saw the 1st Marshall Crenshaw record got repressed. I have the MOFI so I don't need it, but that album hasn't been repressed since the 80's I think. It's awesome if you're into Power Pop.

Also, one of my Canadian online shops has Wish in stock! I already placed a pre-order and I thought it wasn't happening until January!

Back