Record Store Day 2022

Sadly $80 for a 4 LP set doesn't seem that bad as of late. It's still objectively bad, just compared to recent trends it seems like they could have turned the screws more.

Honestly, that was lower than I expected. Dunno how it'll translate on this side of the invisible line but if it's closer to $100 than $150 I'll be happy, and hopefully able to swing it!

Sadly $80 for a 4 LP set doesn't seem that bad as of late. It's still objectively bad, just compared to recent trends it seems like they could have turned the screws more.
Fwiw I grabbed the Bird in LA 4LP set from the last RSD BF just a few weeks ago. It was originally priced somewhere in the $80-100 range but I found a brand new sealed set on discogs for $54 shipped. So patience can be rewarded (sometimes).

I have been looking at the steve hoffman forums.
I think there is going to be an Art Pepper stereo issue coming after RSD.
I think I will still get it, but I am also narrowing the list.

Man, I don't even know why I looked at this. I'd love to get those Ghibli Jazz albums and the Akiko Spartacus 7" but I can only imagine how much it'd all cost to import them.

My local uses to have these for a "fair" price which is around 50€. Expensive but at least you don't have any last minute surprise when you are asked to pay more customs fees. Interesting list here, I already have 5 records in my wantlist... Both Ghibli Jazz, both Somethin' Cool releases and a new Project Re:Vinyl reissue (I hate that they reissue records other labels already reissued a few years ago...).I have to give a look at what are the others LP in this list and see if some are of my interest.

Edit : check Dusty Grooves in the US or Juno in UK, they use to have RSD Japan releases available (not always on the same day but a few weeks after when FOMO settles).

My local uses to have these for a "fair" price which is around 50€. Expensive but at least you don't have any last minute surprise when you are asked to pay more customs fees. Interesting list here, I already have 5 records in my wantlist... Both Ghibli Jazz, both Somethin' Cool releases and a new Project Re:Vinyl reissue (I hate that they reissue records other labels already reissued a few years ago...).I have to give a look at what are the others LP in this list and see if some are of my interest.

Edit : check Dusty Grooves in the US or Juno in UK, they use to have RSD Japan releases available (not always on the same day but a few weeks after when FOMO settles).
Thanks. The Ghibli stuff is always ridiculously expensive -- RSD or not -- but I'm hopeful the Akiko 7" can be found for somewhat reasonable a price.

Is it ok to discuss RSD Essentials here as well ?

I have this one coming in next week to my local. Not cheap at all, but will be fun to have the vinyl.
View attachment 129453

I have the repress from 2018 and it sounds fantastic so i'm sure this will as well! Nice to see the soundtrack and movie (which is probably still the most impressive 4k disc I own) taken care of so well.

You have any idea if this RSD Essentials edition has the pop up art inside the gatefold like the original? I've noticed a few of the reissues lately have it and some don't.

I am definitely not going to be able to make it out to any stores, what do you guys suggest is my best bet for snagging the 2 RSD releases I really absolutely need in my life?

1645734187948.png

Last edited:
Back