Record Store Day 2021

The RSD site says it's an albums box set.

studio album box set from Gorillaz to Sound Machine Vol 1

Ah ok, well then i wont need to look for that then.

very minor year for RSD for me.

Bill Evans - Behind the Dykes
Thelonious Monk - The Custodians Mix (tho i want to know more before I really look for this one)
St. Vincent - Piggy/Sad But True

This is my list:

Dinner Party – Dinner Party: Dessert - July

Billy Evans - Behind The Dikes - The 1969 Netherlands Recordings – July

John Prine - Stay Independent: The Oh Boy Years Curated By Indie Record Stores – July

John Prine - Live At The Other End, December 1975 – July

U2 - Fire (40th Anniversary Edition) – June

Willie Nelson - American Outlaw (Live At Bridgestone Arena / 2019 - June

Cro Mags - The Age of Quarrel

Deftones - Digital Bath (Telefon Tel Aviv Version)” / “Feiticeira (Arca Remix)” (unreleased remixes from the White Pony Black Stallion release)

Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Pinata 84 version. (I still don't own this album but I'll try it this time because I was born in 84 lol)

Lamb of God - As the Palaces Burn

Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. II 20th Anniversary Edition

Sublime - Sublime Meets Scientist & Mad Professor Inna L.B.C. (idk what this is but I'm very interested lol)

War - The Vinyl 1971 - 1975

Hmm I’m interested in the Grateful Dead box set in June.

Then the Eternal Sunshine and Life Aquatic records in July.

If I end up going, it’ll be weird as it’s been quite a long time since I’ve been inside a record store.

Animal Collective
Rolling Stones
Slum Village
John Prine
Lemonheads

...Are my targets right now. Nothing essential though at this moment. The funny part of RSD is after dissecting the list over the next couple of month, it’ll be interesting to see how much my list evolves.

Last edited:
Must have:
Grateful dead
Jerry Garcia
Jazz dispensary
Soul slabs 3
Pearl Jam
Al green

maybe
Allman brothers
Gorillaz (curious to see if they will sound better)

overall list is kind of meh for me usually have more excitement initially from reading the list.definitely some cool releases tho with more time my opinion may change but the only whoa must have at this time is Tad - Inhaler.

Definitely wanna get:
Mochilla Timeless Suite for Ma Dukes
Mochilla Timeless Arthur Verocai
Mochilla Timeless Mulatu Astatke (see a theme here?)

Maybe pile:
KMD - Mr. Hood 30th anniversary
Thelonious Monk - Palo Alto Custodian's Mix (??????)
Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. 2 20th anniversary

Was hoping for some more Curren$y, maybe Pilot Talk 2 or 3. Ah well.

Edit: Rough Trade has a description on that Monk:

This newly-unearthed 1968 recording has been the buzz of the jazz world in 2020 and one of the biggest points of interest has been the identity of the unnamed high school janitor who recorded this extraordinary concert. For the album’s release, Grandmixer DXT worked his magic to bring the audio from the concert into the 21st century. Palo Alto: The Custodian's Mix uses the audio from the original tape to put you in that high school auditorium in October 1968 and lets you feel what it was like to be in the room. Additionally, Thelonious Monk’s signature will be etched into the runout groove.

I still have no idea what is being done that would warrant another release of this. The original release sounded fine.

I’m kind of curious about the Prine Oh Boy Years. I suspect I already own everything, but will be interested in seeing the details.

Also glad to see that ‘Mats Demos/Outakes broken out and put on vinyl. Wish it would have shipped that way with the deluxe though.

Here is the tracklist.

A collection of songs from the Oh Boy Records catalog curated by independent record stores.

Side 1: 1) In Spite of Ourselves 2) All The Best 3) Summer's End 4) Some Humans Ain't Human

Side 2: 1) Sins of Memphisto 2) Lonesome Friends of Science 3) It's A Big Old Goofy World 4) When I Get To Heaven

Back