Record Store Day 2021

My Little Feat came in today from my Yellow Dog orders, but they sold out soon after I made my purchase.

Seems to be the only RSD release I bought that is going for more than I paid on Discogs.

My Little Feat came in today from my Yellow Dog orders, but they sold out soon after I made my purchase.

Seems to be the only RSD release I bought that is going for more than I paid on Discogs.
I definitely should have waited on some albums I picked up…entered them in discogs as they arrived and nearly every one was significantly cheaper on discogs or stores had sales later. Must be hard /frustrating for shops to try to gauge interest in titles.

I definitely should have waited on some albums I picked up…entered them in discogs as they arrived and nearly every one was significantly cheaper on discogs or stores had sales later. Must be hard /frustrating for shops to try to gauge interest in titles.

Black Friday is always weird, because there is so much other non-vinyl stuff getting released and deals people are chasing. There is usually only one or 2 titles tops that really go anywhere crazy with the prices afterward. The rest just drop. I do like supporting the indie shops, though, regardless.

Black Friday is always weird, because there is so much other non-vinyl stuff getting released and deals people are chasing. There is usually only one or 2 titles tops that really go anywhere crazy with the prices afterward. The rest just drop. I do like supporting the indie shops, though, regardless.
never really thought about the black friday aspect but totally makes sense. and i'm glad that shops are still doing some online sales since i can order from local shops even if they aren't local to me.

If anyone is looking for a seasonally appropriate sleeper, I highly recommend The Staple Singers release. All analog, KG cut, pressed at Memphis and it’s one of the best holiday albums of all time

View attachment 119387
That’s from the discogs page

Did no one here grab a copy in a store to check?

While the blurb on the RSD still has KG mentioned, this in fact is a Jeff Powell cut as I just entered the runouts to Discogs.

I could see them needing to re-cut it again or plans w/ KG fell through. Does anyone have an in with Craft, I'm curious on the mix up.

I don't see any complaints about the sound either way....The Wrens is another issue - the comments on the Discogs page isn't too good.

..The Wrens is another issue - the comments on the Discogs page isn't too good.
my copy was dirty as fuck but after giving it a quick wet clean it sounded much better. Still not perfect but also not necessarily bad either. It’s hard to see the debris on colored wax sometimes but a quick wash did help quite a bit.

While the blurb on the RSD still has KG mentioned, this in fact is a Jeff Powell cut as I just entered the runouts to Discogs.

I could see them needing to re-cut it again or plans w/ KG fell through. Does anyone have an in with Craft, I'm curious on the mix up.

I don't see any complaints about the sound either way....The Wrens is another issue - the comments on the Discogs page isn't too good.
Just sounds like a simple mixup to me. KG does a lot of the craft stuff so someone must have mixed it up. I hadn't seen the KG description which is why i was surprised that someone mentioned it being a KG cut originally. I had always seen Jeff Powell.

Same here, if I had waited a few days I coulda saved like $10 on John Legend. I didnt think demand would be so low.

Same here, if I had waited a few days I coulda saved like $10 on John Legend. I didnt think demand would be so low.
I ran by my local on Sunday since I hadn't bothered on BF and they had nearly their entire stock still. Except of course the one album that I still really want to grab. The other two I wanted there, were each $20 higher than anywhere I'd seen online. No idea what they're thinking but it's really burning me out on wanting to support them.

FWIW, I listened to my Secaucus tonight and the sound was pretty good. The two-fold issue was 1) the paper sleeves which left a ton of debris everywhere. Why anyone still uses them is beyond me; and 2) the inevitable pops as a result of those G-damn paper sleeves. My anti-static brush helped, but a deep clean would do wonders.

Have I said that I hate paper sleeves and their continued use should constitute torture under the Geneva Convention?

If anyone happens to see an extra copy of the Colter Wall In Front Of No One floating around can you either let me know, or grab it and I will be glad to include a finders fee. For my collection and listening enjoyment will not be resold. Thank you.

If anyone missed Saigon Kick's "The Lizard" on RSD, it appears to be available at Plaid Room Records.

I wish they could have found a slot for that Victoria Williams Sweet Relief that was canceled last year...
It's back! Included in the June drop this year, only 2500 pieces.

If anyone missed Saigon Kick's "The Lizard" on RSD, it appears to be available at Plaid Room Records.
Man these guys were local boys done good back in the day but I never got the appeal. Maybe I'll check 'em out again and see if 30 years has added to the listenability of it

Man these guys were local boys done good back in the day but I never got the appeal. Maybe I'll check 'em out again and see if 30 years has added to the listenability of it
That pressing is absolute hot garbage. Avoid it. I emailed real gone back in Dec. and here is an interesting response they sent me. Apparently they will be redoing it in the future.

1648240689992.png

"The album is just too long. We probably should have done a double LP release, but it had already come out in Europe as a single LP and we didn’t want to mess with the original artwork. At 55 minutes, the record had to be mastered at extremely low volume, causing the listener to turn the stereo way up, thus bringing surface noise to the fore.

That said, the test pressings sounded ok (otherwise we never would have ok’d the manufacturing run). It just appears this particular color vinyl mix went sideways. Vinyl manufacturing can be a crapshoot, that’s for sure.

Having been a limited edition run, and with the pressing plants backed up close to a year, we won’t be able to manufacture more. However, down the line we will be putting out a black vinyl edition which should sound much better. Contact us then, and we’ll send you one. Won’t be for a while, though.

We take pride in our quality and are chagrined that this one didn’t turn out very well.

Best,

Gordon Anderson

Co-President

Real Gone Music"

Back