Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

I know VSS and sleeve city sleeves are on the expensive side but they are definitely at another tier of quality over many other cheaper brands. I think I’ve had one VSS sleeve split out of hundreds I’ve purchased

I might check out VSS next. I feel like the split was mostly my fault, but the amount of pressure wasn’t that much. And even though I ordered the size for 3-5 lp sets, there was still quite a bit of room on the sides. This order was $10.83 and shipping was free.

Sleeve city are quality and their large sleeves are perfect for gatefolds. But fuck they’re expensive.

For single LPs I find the Mofi ultra clear archival to be pretty good

I’ve been using ClearBags sleeves for my single and double lps and am totally satisfied. I’m trying to find a similar sleeve for my boxsets.

Sleeve city are quality and their large sleeves are perfect for gatefolds. But fuck they’re expensive.

For single LPs I find the Mofi ultra clear archival to be pretty good
Yea I stopped using SC during the pandemic because I was buying too many records and their sleeves were taking months to restock/arrive. VSS often has 20-30% off sales with free shipping over $50 so I pounce on those sales when I’m running low

Yea I stopped using SC during the pandemic because I was buying too many records and their sleeves were taking months to restock/arrive. VSS often has 20-30% off sales with free shipping over $50 so I pounce on those sales when I’m running low
I still buy their ultra thick deluxe or whatever they’re called (for tone poets et al) but a pack of 50 lasts me a year at the rate I buy. The ultra clear archival I can sometimes find locally but if not I usually just use those as a free shipping threshold item somewhere online

Not sure if I’ll order from Sleevie Wonder again. Sleeves came rolled up in an elongated box and the first sleeve I tried split on both sides.

* I did order 5 but there were 6. I also went with the sleeves with flap and it’s a little cumbersome to seal up so maybe the no flap is better. I just didn’t care for the shipping method.
View attachment 190791
Why would anyone do this?
Roll the sleeves and send.
Only reason I can think of is to save shipping. But I think it's better to charge customer for shipping rather then rolling the sleeves and sending.
As for sleeves splitting it does happen. No one actually stop that not happening. Say for example the machine is stopped for whatever reason, the heating or any other method for sealing does take few sleeves to come to it's optimum range.
The way I avoid this i check each and every sleeve before shipping.
Maybe it's not feasible for bigger companies but so far that's the only way i can think of to avoid this happening.
The other way anyone would think is say for example one would get 5 to 10 split sleeves out of say a 1000 pcs.
It's worth refunding the customer if they complain rather then checking each and every sleeve.

Damn, it might finally be time to try VSS! I've heard good things about all the regular outer sleeves so i'll grab a variety of those but has anyone tried the Box Set sleeves? They look to be better quality then SleevieWonder which would be plenty good enough for me.

Hudson HiFi is doing 35% off with code BETTERSOUND
Brings price of 500 inners down to around $55 shipped

Brings price of 500 inners down to around $55 shipped
These are working great for me. I bought them on the last sale.

Are the VSS outers still considered the best or at least one of the best? I’m looking at the popular 4mil double pocket and seems like a good time to try them with the sale.

I know this has been asked before, but search isn't helping me much right now. What does everyone use for outer sleeves on large box sets? I've been looking around and no idea what size to buy so would love some recommendations from what you guys are using. Thanks!

Back