Record cleaning - what's your method?

Weird coincidence. The small bottle I use for the TTVJ is constantly getting stuff floating. It's happening when it's in the dark so I'm guessing it has something to do with the plastic bottle. Anyone want to link me the exact bottle they use to spray the TTVJ onto a record?

Weird coincidence. The small bottle I use for the TTVJ is constantly getting stuff floating. It's happening when it's in the dark so I'm guessing it has something to do with the plastic bottle. Anyone want to link me the exact bottle they use to spray the TTVJ onto a record?

I had a specific squeeze bottle that had this issue, but I replaced it and haven't had problems since. I think it just happened to pick up compatible spores while it was open at some point, and they found the fluid to be a pleasant medium.

................almost two years on one batch, 1 gallon stored in a cool, dry, dark place, fill goose neck bottle when needed, that is also stored in a cool, dry, dark place. No issues, no fungus in all that time, just happy clean records ;)

This popped up on Amazon, looked like it might be something you DIY folks might be interested in.
That’s so expensive!

Side note, does anyone know anywhere I can find a label saver that fits 78s? The label saver I have for 12” records is way too big for the 78s. I also just clean 78s In soap and water but does anyone have a better way?

I use different methods depending on record condition.

For new or relatively clean records, I use LJC recipe solution and vacuum on an Okki Nokki.

For moderately dusty records I remove dust first with a discwasher brush then same steps as above.

For really dirty LPs or those that have been cleaned and still have surface noise I use Audio Intelligent 3 step process with Okki Nokki. The enzyme cleaner does a pretty good job in my experience, but there are always records that will be noisy no matter what.

Back