Rank The Albums!

This is an exact match of mine. Even B Sides has some of their best songs on it.
I was listening to B Sides earlier today in anticipation and "Equal Mind" is god-tier Beach House. But they were just like "nah it kind of doesn't fit so we'll stick it on a compilation later on. Madness. that would be any band's best song, but for Beach House it's just another song.

I was listening to B Sides earlier today in anticipation and "Equal Mind" is god-tier Beach House. But they were just like "nah it kind of doesn't fit so we'll stick it on a compilation later on. Madness. that would be any band's best song, but for Beach House it's just another song.
"Chariot" is a top 10 song for them IMO

"Any bands best song"?
ANY BAND'S?

The Beach Boys'?

The Beatles'?

The Jimi Hendrix Experience's?

Pink Floyd's?

The Smith's?

The Beastie Boys?

Prince & the Revolution's?

Metallica's?

Joy Division's?

Radiohead's?

The Cure's?

R.E.M's?

The Clash's?

NIИ's? . . .

ANY BANDS?

"Any bands best song"?
ANY BAND'S?

The Beach Boys'?

The Beatles'?

The Jimi Hendrix Experience's?

Pink Floyd's?

The Smith's?

The Beastie Boys?

Prince & the Revolution's?

Metallica's?

Joy Division's?

Radiohead's?

The Cure's?

R.E.M's?

The Clash's?

NIИ's? . . .

ANY BANDS?

image6-1.png

Now, one of my favorite bands... and it pains me to do this.

LOW albums, ranked.

Ones & Sixes
The Curtain Hits The Cast
The Great Destroyer
C'Mon
Long Division
Things We Lost In The Fire
Secret Name
I Could Live In Hope
Trust
Double Negative
The Invisible Way
Drums And Guns
Low doesn’t really make bad records so any order is gonna be fine by me. y list would be fairly different than this. I think Ones & Sixes might be my least favorite…

Things We Lost In The Fire
The Great Destroyer
Long Division
Double Negative
Secret Names
Trust
The Curtain Hits The Cast

The Invisible Way
C’mon
I Could Live I’m Hope
Drums & Guns

Ones &Sixes

… but a “bad” Low album is still really really good.
Okay, I searched for "I Could Live in Hope" because I'd heard and dug it in university and shortly thereafter, then kind of forgot about it even though I listened to their Christmas album every year regularly. (Also, where's that, guys!?) But is I Could Live in Hope really so low for you guys? Because if so, that's really exciting for me. I've recently rediscovered this album (after the new one came out) and it would be fun as hell finding records even better than this one.

Okay, I searched for "I Could Live in Hope" because I'd heard and dug it in university and shortly thereafter, then kind of forgot about it even though I listened to their Christmas album every year regularly. (Also, where's that, guys!?) But is I Could Live in Hope really so low for you guys? Because if so, that's really exciting for me. I've recently rediscovered this album (after the new one came out) and it would be fun as hell finding records even better than this one.
In my opinion yeah, it’s “low” for Low but it’s still a great record. They don’t make bad albums. I think the reason it’s low on my list is because my first Low album was Long Division and I think it’s lesser than that. It’s a great debut but they have released so many superb albums since then It gets pushed to the bottom by default.

In my opinion yeah, it’s “low” for Low but it’s still a great record. They don’t make bad albums. I think the reason it’s low on my list is because my first Low album was Long Division and I think it’s lesser than that. It’s a great debut but they have released so many superb albums since then It gets pushed to the bottom by default.

My first was Long Division too.
At the time I got into low, they only had three albums so I spent a lot of time with them over the years because I had the luxury of doing it. Believe me, it's been a real trip since 1998. Welcome to the rabbit hole and feel free to pick brains, I physically own damn near everything they put out!

Leonard Cohen

I'm Your Man (1988)
Songs of Leonard Cohen (1967)
The Future (1992)
New Skin for the Old Ceremony (1974)
Songs of Love and Hate (1971)
Ten New Songs (2001)
Songs from a Room (1969)
You Want It Darker (2016)
Various Positions (1984)
Thanks for the Dance (2019)
Death of a Ladies' Man (1977)
Old Ideas (2012)
Popular Problems (2014)
Recent Songs (1979)
Dear Heather (2004)

Leonard Cohen

I'm Your Man (1988)
Songs of Leonard Cohen (1967)
The Future (1992)
New Skin for the Old Ceremony (1974)
Songs of Love and Hate (1971)
Ten New Songs (2001)
Songs from a Room (1969)
You Want It Darker (2016)
Various Positions (1984)
Thanks for the Dance (2019)
Death of a Ladies' Man (1977)
Old Ideas (2012)
Popular Problems (2014)
Recent Songs (1979)
Dear Heather (2004)
I love Cohen, at least the songs I know by him, but have yet to really explore his discography. I've listened to I'm Your Man, Songs of LC, Songs of L&H, You Want It Darker, and Death of a Ladies Man. This gives me a good place to start! Thanks.

Back