Pre-Order Thread

Richard Dawson - 2020
dawson_2020_MART_LP_product.jpg
I missed this. Two Halves video dropped today:

View attachment 16786

Deluxe box includes:
Mono and stereo mixes remastered by Bob Ludwig on LP and SACD.
7" of mono "Honkey Tonk Women" b/w "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
80 page hardcover book
Replica of 1969 poster
Lithographs

Now, if it came with the little cake topper figurine band, I might consider it...

View attachment 16786

Deluxe box includes:
80 page hardcover book
Replica of 1969 poster
Lithographs

Are these just the recent Ludwig cuts that have come out in the mono box and in the DSD reissues? Also, the mono is fine and all but it is a fold for anyone who cares.

View attachment 16786

Deluxe box includes:
80 page hardcover book
Replica of 1969 poster
Lithographs

SACD? Really? Surprising, in a good way, but surprising none the less!

SACD - perhaps some left over ABKO pressings?
This is my favorite of the trilogy. Man...I crank Let It Bleed, when it comes on the radio.

It definitely is SACD, my shock made me google.

I have the two Hot Rocks on SACD from back then but didn’t, as a student, have the money for the albums.

I don’t remember there being a mono disc with the releases back then so it looks like that’s a new DSD master. This is both strange and great, I like SACDs but they had seemed to be dead outside of audiophile labels and Japan!

I have the two Hot Rocks on SACD from back then but didn’t, as a student, have the money for the albums.

I don’t remember there being a mono disc with the releases back then so it looks like that’s a new DSD master. This is both strange and great, I like SACDs but they had seemed to be dead outside of audiophile labels and Japan!
So...I was very into that media when I had my first DVDA/SACD player and full 5.1 set up. I was so pissed at the death of that media, I boxed up my discs and shoved them off into storage. When I got my MF integrated amp last year, I started bringing them back again. Even in 2.1 listening, they don't let me down. I missed all these ABKO drops several years back, so I will be watching this one closely.

I got all the Stones' Decca albums on SACD for winning something in Mojo magazine once. Never really had the right system to play them on but they sounded good.

Tindersticks vinyl bundle with 7” and signed art print, limited to 300.

So...I was very into that media when I had my first DVDA/SACD player and full 5.1 set up. I was so pissed at the death of that media, I boxed up my discs and shoved them off into storage. When I got my MF integrated amp last year, I started bringing them back again. Even in 2.1 listening, they don't let me down. I missed all these ABKO drops several years back, so I will be watching this one closely.

I got all the Stones' Decca albums on SACD for winning something in Mojo magazine once. Never really had the right system to play them on but they sounded good.

It was never something I intentionally got into to be honest! I got my first separates, CD/Amp/Speakers, for my 21st and the Sony CD player just happened to also be an SACD player! Because of that I never did multichannel.

I picked up a few down the years but there were never that many knocking around! That said the ones I did get blew the CDs out of the water, sounded really good! The two Hot Rocks are amongst the best I had then. Recently got a few Japanese single layer ones and they are very good indeed!

Back