Pre-Order Thread

“…Their first album in 11 years, They Live in My Head was produced by Steve Shelley of Sonic Youth, who is now the band's drummer, joining them after founding member Dee Pop passed away in 2021. Also joining the band on bass for their current & upcoming performances is Cait "Rocky" O'Riordan, formerly of The Pogues.”

FWIW, Red includes 7” and is limited to 50 #ed

SBR3041BE_1024x1024.jpg

SBR3041PINK_1024x1024.jpg

SBR3041SBRS_1024x1024.jpg

OMG

TRAINDODGE_Collage_Front.jpg

TRAINDODGE_BlackIce_Front.jpg

TRAINDODGE_ToxicSpill_Front.jpg

I knew they signed up with Spartan Records! They tried to hide it but I figured it out.

I'm so excited about this. Traindodge are an Oklahoma band that have been doing Post-Hardcore since the 90's. Best comparisons would be Boys Life, Managra, Fugazi, Giant's Chair, Evergreen, Boilermaker, and Braid.

As someone with a music collection in the thousands I do love that I’ve probably heard of one act in every three pages of this thread 😂
I’ve heard of a lot of it but nothing that I need to buy that’s for sure. I just post them, I’ll endorse it if I’m buying it.

Most of LITA and Sundazed pressings are absolutely shit I’ve never heard of but specifically in LITA’s case they seem to sell a whole lot of it.
My first LitA purchase was in 2010, but I’ve since given up on them. Great brand, great catalog and distribution titles, but the vinyl is consistently garbage.

My first LitA purchase was in 2010, but I’ve since given up on them. Great brand, great catalog and distribution titles, but the vinyl is consistently garbage.
Hmmm, most of my LITA releases were pressed at RTI and sound pretty good. Nancy Sinatra, Lou Reed, Grateful Dead, Link Wray, Piper, and Hiroshi Yoshimura, none sound like garbage.

Hmmm, most of my LITA releases were pressed at RTI and sound pretty good. Nancy Sinatra, Lou Reed, Grateful Dead, Link Wray, Piper, and Hiroshi Yoshimura, none sound like garbage.
Most of mine are older releases and have a bunch of surface noise. Digable Planets - Blowout Comb (2013) and TL Barrett - Like a Ship (2010) sound ok. But Wheedle’s Groove (2004) and from 2010 Gainsbour/Birkin; Szabo - Jazz Raga; Sullivan - UFO; Purdie - Lialeh; Birkin - Di Doo Dah are noise festivals.

The exception is Hiroshi Yoshimura - Green, which has a bit of noise but mostly sounds great.

Also, their distribution titles are a different beast altogether. Alexander - Sunshine Man; Nelson - Skull Session; and Japanese Jazz Spectacle Vol 1 are all great.

Most of mine are older releases and have a bunch of surface noise. Digable Planets - Blowout Comb (2013) and TL Barrett - Like a Ship (2010) sound ok. But Wheedle’s Groove (2004) and from 2010 Gainsbour/Birkin; Szabo - Jazz Raga; Sullivan - UFO; Purdie - Lialeh; Birkin - Di Doo Dah are noise festivals.

The exception is Hiroshi Yoshimura - Green, which has a bit of noise but mostly sounds great.

Also, their distribution titles are a different beast altogether. Alexander - Sunshine Man; Nelson - Skull Session; and Japanese Jazz Spectacle Vol 1 are all great.
I wonder if they heard the complaints about older releases or maybe I just buy some of the bigger titles and they take extra effort to get them pressed correctly.

In my experience, the Pacific Breeze compilations of Japanese city pop/boogie have questionable QC. Side one of the first volume has an entire rotation of whooshing (went through three copies, gave up), and some of the other sides across the series have clicks/pops for a handful of rotations. The third volume is the best overall on the QC end, but still dodgy.

Ultimately, it has driven me to find individual albums in the genre that are featured on the compilations. Or better yet, taking a chance on a few that are fairly affordable in the genre primarily on the strength of the cover art alone.

In my experience, the Pacific Breeze compilations of Japanese city pop/boogie have questionable QC. Side one of the first volume has an entire rotation of whooshing (went through three copies, gave up), and some of the other sides across the series have clicks/pops for a handful of rotations. The third volume is the best overall on the QC end, but still dodgy.

Ultimately, it has driven me to find individual albums in the genre that are featured on the compilations. Or better yet, taking a chance on a few that are fairly affordable in the genre primarily on the strength of the cover art alone.
City Pop album art is fantastic!

LITA is a mixed bag for sure.
Yup! This is why I won't pre-order much from them unless it's at risk of quickly selling out or something and then I just let other people test it first 😏

Things like Bobby Charles, Wendy Rene, Country Funk, Betty Davis, Nancy Sinatra etc. that i've gotten after release are all really good/great pressings.

I almost got burnt bad recently buying the Goblin box set they had (or maybe they just simply got an exclusive variant?) but with the cost I decided to wait and sure enough people were all pissed off about the quality of several of the albums inside.

Back