Pre-Order Thread

1687270310001.png

1687270345504.png

KP_KatyCatAlog.jpg

Set my alarm to see what they were dropping but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I love Sonic Youth, but don’t own a lot of their live releases as the quality is all over the place. I’ll probably end up grabbing this though since it’s their final show.
The set list is phenomenal. I missed the initial drop but I wasn’t gonna be spending $200 on a test pressing anyhow.

Wondering who uses the best mailers, Secretly, Rough Trade, or TTL. Think Rough Trade uses whiplash. Probably gonna preorder from them.

Love the first single.

I love Secretly's Mailers. They say Whiplash on them but they're not the traditional style Whiplash with the padded sides. They're nice and thick and they have sturdy wings on them to prevent corner dings. It's one of the things I miss most about being a Secretly Society member.

The set list is phenomenal. I missed the initial drop but I wasn’t gonna be spending $200 on a test pressing anyhow.

I was sleepy and didn’t realize the handmade jacket was exclusive to the hand poured version. Might’ve been worth the extra $30. I see 200 more will be released at some point, but if I wait for it and miss out, then the other color version will probably have sold out and I’ll be forced to buy the…black vinyl 🤢🤢😂

I was sleepy and didn’t realize the handmade jacket was exclusive to the hand poured version. Might’ve been worth the extra $30. I see 200 more will be released at some point, but if I wait for it and miss out, then the other color version will probably have sold out and I’ll be forced to buy the…black vinyl 🤢🤢😂
Yeah, I love handmade jackets with the hand poured wax but not sure if I love double the cost. I haven’t pulled the trigger yet and probably won’t until payday. We will see what’s left then and make my choice then

Wondering who uses the best mailers, Secretly, Rough Trade, or TTL. Think Rough Trade uses whiplash. Probably gonna preorder from them.

Love the first single.

I have gotten a few orders from Rough Trade in last 6 months, none of which where shipped in whiplash boxes. They were well packed, but not in that dense whiplash cardboard. The Sufjan just arrived from Asthmatic in whiplash, which I was happy to see.

I have gotten a few orders from Rough Trade in last 6 months, none of which where shipped in whiplash boxes. They were well packed, but not in that dense whiplash cardboard. The Sufjan just arrived from Asthmatic in whiplash, which I was happy to see.
Good to know. That's who i ordered from because they were a few bucks cheaper and I prefer clear records vs gold or brown. Hope it arrives unscathed in September.

Good to know. That's who i ordered from because they were a few bucks cheaper and I prefer clear records vs gold or brown. Hope it arrives unscathed in September.
I have found you can contact Rough Trade on pre orders and they will unseal records and pull the vinyl from the sleeve before shipping . You just need to email them and ask.

My Third Man Michigan arrived and kinda disappointed that it's not the gatefold. Also didn't come sealed, just in a loose outer baggy. Questionable TMR practices.
Not what I would describe as loose, but I am receiving more records in outer sleeves brand new and not shrink wrapped.

My Third Man Michigan arrived and kinda disappointed that it's not the gatefold. Also didn't come sealed, just in a loose outer baggy. Questionable TMR practices.

Yeah bummer that it isn't gatefold, but I am never surprised or disappointed by much these days. Expect the worse, so you are never let down.

Back