Pre-Order Thread

I bet their is a VMP exclusive too.
Yeah, prob. I cancelled VMP before the Sparklehorse box set, and haven't gone back. I'm holding out hope that those newer masters of those albums get a general pressing. I have all the Plain presses, which are subpar quality.

Just a reminder that this goes on sale at 9:30 CST this morning at Third Man Records stores and webstore.

Sufjan_Michigan-TMR-Edition-968x938.jpg

Just a reminder that this goes on sale at 9:30 CST this morning at Third Man Records stores and webstore.

Sufjan_Michigan-TMR-Edition-968x938.jpg
It's on sale now! I was able to buy it 5 minutes before on sale time

Is this Third Man blue variant limited, or can we wait? (I know the Michigan variant is limited)
I don't know but I like it better than the other version. I'll probably get both just because this is my favorite suf album and don't own any copies

Is this Third Man blue variant limited, or can we wait? (I know the Michigan variant is limited)

I assume all are limited to something but who knows. Thinking about waiting till tomorrow to try to get the AKR Variant but have a feeling that will go insanely quick and I kind of like the different cover for the Great Lakes Edition.

OMFG. Sparklehorse posthumous album.

There's gotta be a single word for feeling so happy about this, while also incredibly sad to be reminded he's not with us anymore. Linkous is a genius.

Why won't these dicks breakout the albums and repress them for those of us who wouldn't pay for the VMP boxset? It drives me nuts. But yes, this is OMFG territory nonetheless.

And it sold out this quick with the Vinyl Releases board being locked down. God tomorrow will be a bloodbath then I am guessing. I am wondering how many copies Third Man Webstore had to sell. It couldn't have been much right?

And it sold out this quick with the Vinyl Releases board being locked down. God tomorrow will be a bloodbath then I am guessing. I am wondering how many copies Third Man Webstore had to sell. It couldn't have been much right?
I assume some are for in store sales but it can't be that many. Maybe like 50-100 each at the physical locations?

Now we need a definitive edition of Seven Swans.

And The Age of Adz while we're at it.
There has been a random color presssing of Seven Swans before (I have one of those 🤓) but AFAIK there has only been one pressing of The Age of Adz, it's overdue for a deluxe or repress. I also don't own TAOA so I'd love a unique version of it.

There has been a random color presssing of Seven Swans before (I have one of those 🤓) but AFAIK there has only been one pressing of The Age of Adz, it's overdue for a deluxe or repress. I also don't own TAOA so I'd love a unique version of it.
From what I've seen the Seven Swans ones aren't of great quality, and weren't released by Asthmatic Kitty. So I guess definitive in this sense just means a bit of hoopla and care put into them.

Yeah, prob. I cancelled VMP before the Sparklehorse box set, and haven't gone back. I'm holding out hope that those newer masters of those albums get a general pressing. I have all the Plain presses, which are subpar quality.
i got that VMP box in a TBT and it's so excellent. all RKS cuts. i don't think there are any plans to reissue those cuts but who knows...

Back