Pre-Order Thread

that's my favorite. i wore that CD out.

unfortunately, american = rick rubin and he doesn't want to press shit (cf: danzing, johnny cash, etcetcetc)

It's also not Saul's favourite - he was pretty over the material on it by the time it was actually released. But, I too, wore out a CD copy of this plus gifted a few and included tracks from it on SO MANY mixtapes.

I mean, the album quite literally changed my life, so if I've gotta cough up $100+ to get a copy on vinyl eventually, I will - but it would be nice to see it get some love. Maybe a big 25th anniversary release in 2026

I think I purchased the MoFi of The Cars for around the same price and that one was confirmed to be AAA so I am good there.

Is it just me of does the Obi and insert seem very VMP-ish?
I’m mostly just interested in the idea another label is interested in doing some higher-quality pressings, not just more mediocre variants for the big boxes.

I’m mostly just interested in the idea another label is interested in doing some higher-quality pressings, not just more mediocre variants for the big boxes.

My thoughts also. Good price point. Not over the top if well done. Should be fun to hear how they did with the 1st two as I have decent pressings to compare. After that. Well we will have to wait and see. :)

Just stop with these horrific variant covers, PLEASE!

Getting into some heavy Emo scene cult stuff here.

RIYL: Weezer, Ozma, The Anniversary, Get Up Kids, Motion City Soundtrack

Interesting “High Fidelity” series from Rhino. Coltrane and the Cars leading off. KG cut from analog and pressed at Optimal. Could be interesting.

I think I purchased the MoFi of The Cars for around the same price and that one was confirmed to be AAA so I am good there.

Is it just me of does the Obi and insert seem very VMP-ish?

the thing about this title is the OG's are pretty much agreed to trump every other pressing , including the MoFi. The MOFI just rolls off too many highs and doesn't have that punch that the music and THOSE OCASEK DRUMS.

I wonder if KG makes this worth $45

the thing about this title is the OG's are pretty much agreed to trump every other pressing , including the MoFi. The MOFI just rolls off too many highs and doesn't have that punch that the music and THOSE OCASEK DRUMS.

I wonder if KG makes this worth $45

I have two well preserved ‘78 US Cars pressing variants and the 2009 MoFi. And a solid ‘73 reissue of Coltrane’s Sound so we shall give this new series a critical listen. Don’t need another so-so reissue series to collect but a new reasonably priced series similar to the Classics label would have some serious potential.

And, as for The Cars ….talk about iconic opening riffs. You can’t help but feel good when the needle hits the opening vinyl groove.

(Sorry about the size of the pics. Figured out how to add them, but cant resize them).

0032325323_10.jpg
0032325334_10.jpg

0032325320_10.jpg

Back