Pre-Order Thread

Would this be a good place to start with Sun Ra?

It would be a pretty solid one, sure. This comp is specifically focused on songs with vocals but has a pretty great variety of styles on it and ranges in tone from serious to fun.

Strut's Singles compilations and the ones compiled by Marshall Allen and Gilles Peterson would also be good entryways.

Announcing the release date for a re-recording late on a Friday night... okay.

Speak Now (Taylor's Version) will be available the 7th of July.

HtnKMNe.png

EDIT:
I didn't realize that she announced it during her concert in Nashville.
That's a very nice looking vinyl. Maybe have to grab it for my older Swiftie.

It would be a pretty solid one, sure. This comp is specifically focused on songs with vocals but has a pretty great variety of styles on it and ranges in tone from serious to fun.

Strut's Singles compilations and the ones compiled by Marshall Allen and Gilles Peterson would also be good entryways.
Agree, the Strut "Definitive 45s Collection Singles Vol 1 & 2" are the best places to start for Sun Ra. These two comps also allow you to trace his musical progression from the 50s to the 90s. There is no one best album in his discography that gives you the complete picture of Sun Ra or the Arkestra, so these comps are good entry points. The one on Harmonic is good, but focused on vocals. Like a lot of jazz, he has a lot of compositions with little to no vocals as well.

IMG_7578.jpeg

“Now available, a relatively small amount (around 90 copies) of the previously sold out pink & blue swirl colored vinyl edition of the Oingo Boingo LP Dead Man's Party, brand new but NOT in shrinkwrap. Long story short, the album cover printer originally shorted me about 100 covers. By the time they decided to attempt to fix the issue, the LP manufacturing was done and the 400+ copies of this variant had sold out. The LP covers arrived to me a couple of weeks ago and my vinyl manufacturer pressed up around another 100 LP's and sent them to me. I've assembled the inserts and the color variant stickers (with removeable backing) inside the album covers, and can now offer them for sale for those who missed out or don't want to pay eBay flipper prices. Again, these are brand new but not in shrinkwrap.”

They posted a few more copies of these. Down to 30 left at the moment…..

Announcing the release date for a re-recording late on a Friday night... okay.

Speak Now (Taylor's Version) will be available the 7th of July.

HtnKMNe.png

EDIT:
I didn't realize that she announced it during her concert in Nashville.

Might be worth noting that this will probably be available everywhere soon like all the other Taylor's Versions so far, which you can get at any record shop still

Might be worth noting that this will probably be available everywhere soon like all the other Taylor's Versions so far, which you can get at any record shop still
There will probably be a target exclusive also, but I think I like the look of this variant.

Kinda like the Snoop Dogg/KAWS

and NIN

TDS without the artwork is madness.

Either something is wrong with my computer or the new server no longer allows to copy and paste variants, my apologies.

Either something is wrong with my computer or the new server no longer allows to copy and paste variants, my apologies.

Should be back online before too long, per @RenegadeMonster -- that aspect of the switchover has been taking much longer than the rest.

Yeah, that is indeed an aspect of the server switch that is taking longer. I'm working on transferring all the images over to Amazon S3 and have disabled new uploads as I don't want new images that are uploaded to be missed / break when that switchover happens.

Short story, the upload of images, one file at a time to S3 at 2.4kbps is taking a hell of a long time.

Yeah, that is indeed an aspect of the server switch that is taking longer. I'm working on transferring all the images over to Amazon S3 and have disabled new uploads as I don't want new images that are uploaded to be missed / break when that switchover happens.

Short story, the upload of images, one file at a time to S3 at 2.4kbps is taking a hell of a long time.

Yowza! That's quite a process.

Back