Pre-Order Thread

Wow. Just went on to discogs to have a look at which pressing I had from a few years back, as I remember it sounding pretty great. Completely shocked to see how much it is being sold for and at the completely conflicting comments. Seems to be a lot of people very happy and also a lot of hate, I suspect there are a bunch of different pressings on the same listing. Someone mentions a 2020 MPO pressing, not sure why under a 2014 listing. Looks like there a few listings & it will be very hit & miss getting a decent copy.

I think I picked this up for under $15 off of Amazon a few years back.

I do wish that Chrono Cross was like...the full deal. So many of the less prominent songs that you saw in gameplay are flooding back to me now and they're all so good

Is this a new pressing? I've thought about buying this album a few times but existing pressings seem to be notoriously bad.
Wow. Just went on to discogs to have a look at which pressing I had from a few years back, as I remember it sounding pretty great. Completely shocked to see how much it is being sold for and at the completely conflicting comments. Seems to be a lot of people very happy and also a lot of hate, I suspect there are a bunch of different pressings on the same listing. Someone mentions a 2020 MPO pressing, not sure why under a 2014 listing. Looks like there a few listings & it will be very hit & miss getting a decent copy.

I think the one to get is the 2020 press (which I imagine will be repressed for the current one). There were sibilance issues on the previous version, which were corrected with what I assume was a recut of only the first side (you can see "A2" in the 2020 runout).

I have it think it sounds pretty good. All of the CT reissues are decent, if not particularly analogue sounding.

I think the one to get is the 2020 press (which I imagine will be repressed for the current one). There were sibilance issues on the previous version, which were corrected with what I assume was a recut of only the first side (you can see "A2" in the 2020 runout).

I have it think it sounds pretty good. All of the CT reissues are decent, if not particularly analogue sounding.
I got mine from Popmarket 6 years ago for like $12... whoa

NOFX is solely responsible for me buying my first turntable. when I got a flyer from some order I made at FAT or maybe Epitaph decades ago and saw there were NOFX songs/EPs that I could only get on 7", well then I needed a turntable.

that said I didn't know about HOFX at all. my little brother got me copy, I'm sure now more than 20 years ago, for my birthday. not sure if he grabbed it from a record store or bought it second hand, but this would have been before it's value jumped, so either way I'm sure he didn't pay much for it.

ok, that's my little story of how NOFX started my love of vinyl.

this was also the first splatter I had ever seen in my life... it blew my fucking mind when I first saw it. it's also blown my mind revisiting their catalog on vinyl, since I originally had all their albums on CD, how they have different versions of songs on the vinyl vs CD (ie: Murder The Government), it's just such a cool idea.

I've seen some posts on Instagram where people have a bunch of these in their collection and it's pretty cool how varied the HOFX records are from each other....

damn. maybe I should buy the 10" as well.. ha ha

View attachment 133295
That is a super beautiful copy. Funny - NOFX is single handedly responsible for me collecting vinyl. Sounds like they had a lot of impact. Fat Wreck Chords is the best label out there by far.

If anyone comes across a pressing for the new Perfume Genius that isn't (1) black or (2) from VMP, please let ya boy know!

(that's to say, I don't actually *know* of a VMP pressing for this at the moment, I just assume there will be, and I am trying my best to not dive back into all of that)

NOFX is solely responsible for me buying my first turntable. when I got a flyer from some order I made at FAT or maybe Epitaph decades ago and saw there were NOFX songs/EPs that I could only get on 7", well then I needed a turntable.

that said I didn't know about HOFX at all. my little brother got me copy, I'm sure now more than 20 years ago, for my birthday. not sure if he grabbed it from a record store or bought it second hand, but this would have been before it's value jumped, so either way I'm sure he didn't pay much for it.

ok, that's my little story of how NOFX started my love of vinyl.

this was also the first splatter I had ever seen in my life... it blew my fucking mind when I first saw it. it's also blown my mind revisiting their catalog on vinyl, since I originally had all their albums on CD, how they have different versions of songs on the vinyl vs CD (ie: Murder The Government), it's just such a cool idea.

I've seen some posts on Instagram where people have a bunch of these in their collection and it's pretty cool how varied the HOFX records are from each other....

damn. maybe I should buy the 10" as well.. ha ha

View attachment 133295
Only about 60 of the represses left if you have the itch. Or, just buy one of mine (I grabbed 10 - which is pale in comparison to what most people grabbed!)

Send me your Discogs so I can creep your NOFX collection
just counted my NOFX 7"s, looks like I have 39 with only 2 duplicates, I have 2 copies of "All Of Me/The Desperation's Gone" and 2 of "Fuck The Kids" (OG on black and 25th Anniversary on color)..

I also have the "Leave It Alone" 10" pic disc and "Never Trust A Hippy"

I need to complete the album discography on vinyl as I have about 1/2 on vinyl

PXL_20220324_214155549.jpg
PXL_20220324_215024190.jpg
PXL_20220324_215505434.jpg

@scotthilk
apologies @everyone else

basically all my other NOFX 7"s in the FlipBin are the two 7" of the Month Club series (all those are colored vinyl)... pretty sure everything pictured below is color vinyl as well, with the exception of the OG FtK

edit: I take that back, the Drowning Roses/NOFX, So What If We're On Mystic, PMRC, and Hepatitis Bathtub are all black vinyl

PXL_20220324_215803791.jpg

Last edited:
New Oddisee variant of The Odd Tape that looks pretty good... prettyyy, prettyyy, prettyyyyy good!

this item is scheduled to ship Mid April 2022

oddisee-theoddtape-ttlexclusive-1_1800x1800.jpg

@scotthilk
apologies @everyone else

basically all my other NOFX 7"s are the two 7" of the Month Club series (all those are colored vinyl)... pretty sure everything pictured below is color vinyl as well, with the exception of the OG FtK

edit: I take that back, the Drowning Roses/NOFX, So What If We're On Mystic, PMRC, and Hepatitis Bathtub are all black vinyl

View attachment 133350
Very jelly. HMU off of this thread if you ever wana move any! Beauties.

boomboom alert! not sure if i missed this one or not.

and mongo santamaria - sofrito is also available for preorder

Back