Pre-Order Thread

An article on the etymology of swear words is right up my street!

Pressed at RTI

I watched the first episode of that show hoping it'd be more history and less jokes, but instead we got jokes and "celebrity commentary". I didn't continue after fuck.

It reminded me of one of those "I Love the 90's" shows that aired on VH1 all the time.

Pressed at RTI
super deluxe version available as well

For anyone who ordered...have you seen any shipping targets or delay updates on this one?

Received this on Oct 13, 2021:

Vinyl Production Update for "John Prine And Friends"

Howdy Folks!

We really appreciate your patience as we navigate these challenging times in the world of vinyl production. If you follow this type of thing, you are probably already aware of the rampant industry-wide delays. But thanks to our fantastic partners at our pressing plant and jacket printer, we are currently estimated to receive the final bulk units in-hand at the end of December. It'll take a couple of weeks to pack each one out to you and so we expect you'll be spinning these in your homes within the first half of January. We had initially slated a late Fall shipment so we realize we are running a little late. For that, we do apologize!

Now that's out of the way, you should know that we've approved the test pressings and they sound simply gorgeous. And the jackets are completed and look and feel beautiful.

While we sincerely apologize for the delay, we are confident you'll agree that this will have been well worth the wait. Stay tuned and thanks again for your patience and continued support.

– Team Newport

Screenshot_20211109-150217.png
Screenshot_20211109-150225.png
Screenshot_20211109-150236.pngScreenshot_20211109-150253.png

Yeah sorry for all the pictures. This came from the Dreamcatalog mail list. It's one of the most popular Vaporwave labels out there. They closed a year or so ago and then revamped everything and came back again. Looks like they are going to release a huge vinyl collection of some great stuff.

The music they release is really good. More of an Electronic/Cyberpunk feel to the tunes. The big release is a new pressing of Birth Of A New Day by 2814. I highly recommend that album.

Goes on sale 11/11 7PM UK time. 2PM Central time here.

Last edited:

love this album.
Didn't really need this today in addition to the other stuff, but I've had my eye on it for years and this version is way too beautiful to resist.

Received this on Oct 13, 2021:

Vinyl Production Update for "John Prine And Friends"

Howdy Folks!

We really appreciate your patience as we navigate these challenging times in the world of vinyl production. If you follow this type of thing, you are probably already aware of the rampant industry-wide delays. But thanks to our fantastic partners at our pressing plant and jacket printer, we are currently estimated to receive the final bulk units in-hand at the end of December. It'll take a couple of weeks to pack each one out to you and so we expect you'll be spinning these in your homes within the first half of January. We had initially slated a late Fall shipment so we realize we are running a little late. For that, we do apologize!

Now that's out of the way, you should know that we've approved the test pressings and they sound simply gorgeous. And the jackets are completed and look and feel beautiful.

While we sincerely apologize for the delay, we are confident you'll agree that this will have been well worth the wait. Stay tuned and thanks again for your patience and continued support.

– Team Newport
Thanks! Well...I can find a charge, but can't find the above email or any other order emails.

I guess I should be worried...should be fun.

I watched the first episode of that show hoping it'd be more history and less jokes, but instead we got jokes and "celebrity commentary". I didn't continue after fuck.

It reminded me of one of those "I Love the 90's" shows that aired on VH1 all the time.
I never thought it would be serious, they hired Nick Cage for god’s sake. Over the course of the series, it was more informative than I thought it would be and very entertaining.

View attachment 116977
View attachment 116978
View attachment 116981View attachment 116982

Yeah sorry for all the pictures. This came from the Dreamcatalog mail list. It's one of the most popular Vaporwave labels out there. They closed a year or so ago and then revamped everything and came back again. Looks like they are going to release a huge vinyl collection of some great stuff.

The music they is really good. More of an Electronic/Cyberpunk feel to the tunes. The big release is a new pressing of Birth Of A New Day by 2814. I highly recommend that album.

I second the 2814 - Birth of a New Day. Good, good stuff right there.

View attachment 116977
View attachment 116978
View attachment 116981View attachment 116982

The music they is really good. More of an Electronic/Cyberpunk feel to the tunes. The big release is a new pressing of Birth Of A New Day by 2814. I highly recommend that album.

Getting real creative trying to sell us on Brown. Otter fur brown 🥸

I don't want to be that guy per se, but Side A would be played more times than Side B, C, and D combined. I kind of can't believe they have a greatest hits album considering their catalog is one great (though top heavy) album and a bunch of so so efforts otherwise

I don't want to be that guy per se, but Side A would be played more times than Side B, C, and D combined. I kind of can't believe they have a greatest hits album considering their catalog is one great (though top heavy) album and a bunch of so so efforts otherwise
I love FF but I really even question the need for a greatest hits album in the Spotify age.

Back