Pre-Order Thread

Have you used snvinyl before? I always thought it was a bit of a scam. Check the reviews online.

I’ve used them several times and always received my records in great shape with lovely outer sleeves added. Only issue I’ve had is they have on occasion had things listed as In Stock that I’ve had to then wait ~3 weeks for them to order them in.

I’ve used them several times and always received my records in great shape with lovely outer sleeves added. Only issue I’ve had is they have on occasion had things listed as In Stock that I’ve had to then wait ~3 weeks for them to order them in.

This! Also well wrapped. It came in really solid mailers with the record wrapped completely in bubble so it couldn’t move.

I replied to someone about this release on reddit so ill copy and paste my reply here.. I am 99% sure it is the same plates they have been using since at least 2012 and you can see the reviews on every release since is anywhere from underwhelming to awful.

People should be avoiding this like a mofo. Any release that has used the getondown plates has got horrible reviews, here is the discogs to the standard issue from getondown https://www.discogs.com/Nas-Illmatic/release/7986458 .. Newbury also used them for the recent clear pressing and got bad reviews as well as several other colored versions using the same plates.

Like Enter The Wu this albums European repress sounds significantly better then the US pressings. For Illmatic, I finally took a chance on this version https://www.discogs.com/Nas-Illmatic/release/10676369 (i got it for under $15 from importcds last year on ebay) and it sounds very good, huge improvement on every other pressing I have heard including the getondown version.
Doubt it. Although I don’t think the other versions sound bad.

Edit: I realize that it was mentioned that the EU pressings are way to go - that’s what I have so +1 for that. I also have red TTL vers. Indifferent to it. Not the one I put on although I don’t remember hating it.

I didn't realize the European presses were the way to go with either of those. My 36 Chambers is US and sounds terrible, so I'll have to look for a EU copy. I have a 2006 EU pressing of Illmatic that sounds pretty good, but it could definitely be improved upon. The Illmatic Live with the National Symphony Orchestra RSD copy that I have definitely sounds better than my normal copy.

Tyler, the Creator - Igor
SPECIAL_VINYL__35637.1558022430.jpg

Hearing this will be pulled from website today and is only a 24 hour release. Jumped on this too after listening. Super solid album.

Hearing this will be pulled from website today and is only a 24 hour release. Jumped on this too after listening. Super solid album.
A few pages back and on Instagram.
I mean I love you guys and all but could you ease up on my wallet please?

I just saw @CAPacelli's comment about the indie The Raconteurs exclusive and ordered that as well. Hells bells I need to go on a vinyl diet.

Back