Pre-Order Thread

I only own 2 picture disc releases and one of them is Bloodflowers from last year’s RSD and I was really impressed with the sound. You still have the whooshing sound in between tracks, but I’ll take that until ‘ol Robert gets around to reissuing it.

The annoying thing about Bloodflowers is that the original release is absolutely brick-walled, which would make it prime for a nice remaster. Instead Robert Smith is like, "let's just slap this shit on a picture disc."

And I bought one, of course.

Right now it seems like if you can avoid the Chicago/LA/NYC nexus you are doing alright. Mails seemed kind effed up around FLA too last time I check but with Florida you just kinda expect that.
The usual suspects are as bad as ever - Jacksonville, Bell Garden, Jersey City. If you route through any of those expect a delay.

Hey, maybe this one will sound decent

Not until they’ve crammed it into a too-small bin between a bunch of Tyler the Creator and Lizzie Maguire records.

I'll say this about picture discs, I think they've gotten better at them and if your choice is between a cheap picture disc or an absurdly expensive regular pressing, it may be worthwhile. Like, I'm sure the Orange FYE version of Reputation is probably better sounding / longer lasting than the picture disc standard, but you'll also pay 10x+ more (probably closer to 20 now) for the orange version and the pic disc sounds fine for what it is.
Agreed. I've wanted The Cure's Wild Mood Swings forever and have accepted the fact that I will have to buy the picture disc on RSD drop 2. If it does get a black vinyl pressing at a later date, I'll pick that up.

I just got a shipping notice for my TTL RTJ2. I thought it had said early May.
Got the notification as well. No expected delivery date yet, and not recognized in the USPS system. TTL releases usually get to me quickly, but I have a feeling this is just a "label created" status at this point.

1619130784328.png
Signed Indie Exclusive Yola for cheaper than Easy Eye Sound Exclusive.

Back