Pre-Order Thread

The Magnolia exclusive is super nice, and I love Our Native Daughters so I gotta go for this.

Happy that although I got burnt out by their subscription, I'm still able to get alot of good stuff from them out of their store. Love Duotone/Magnolia in general, just not enough for a monthly almost label-specific sub.
Were you aware of the fact that she was recently featured in the n&g ROTM club?

I'm not sure how you all feel about booteg imports, but I'd hate for anyone to miss out:
Musique Pour La Danse is proud to present its first release in the field of video game OSTs, with the first-ever physical release of the much appreciated and globally followed Donkey Kong Country OST restoration / recreation project led by Louisiana-based composer and producer Jammin’ Sam Miller.
Using hex SPC data crudely converted to MIDI, Jammin' Sam Miller painstakingly recreated DKC's soundtrack note by note, by finding the original equipment used to create it, translating the MIDI into a modern studio context, adding in keyboard samples, and re-mixing the sounds with added effects and mastering. To find out more about his process watch an explanatory video here: cutt.ly/ulUHE6J
Remastered for vinyl, officially licensed and presented in a limited edition banana yellow double LP.

Were you aware of the fact that she was recently featured in the n&g ROTM club?

I wasnt but Im definitely checking this out!

You can pay whatever you want for it, I'm just not going to pay extra for it. Signatures on records are a rather new thing, the collecting of signed sports memorabilia has been a thing for as long as I have been alive and they also usually come with COA. Obviously most people think differently with paying extra for autographs becuase she sold out of them very quickly.

I agree. It's nice when someone does a Taylor Swift like last year and sends out a ton of signed albums with no markup, and Newbury Comics often has preorders with free signatures. But if an artist at any level can sell signed albums at a premium? Good for them. Honestly, anything under $50 is a steal for any artist's diehard fans. Most people don't live anywhere near a venue or record store, so it's the only way they're going to get something signed by their fave. <<<Gets off soapbox, posts flex pic of his signed albums wall>>>

albums.jpg

I'm not sure how you all feel about booteg imports, but I'd hate for anyone to miss out:
Musique Pour La Danse is proud to present its first release in the field of video game OSTs, with the first-ever physical release of the much appreciated and globally followed Donkey Kong Country OST restoration / recreation project led by Louisiana-based composer and producer Jammin’ Sam Miller.
Using hex SPC data crudely converted to MIDI, Jammin' Sam Miller painstakingly recreated DKC's soundtrack note by note, by finding the original equipment used to create it, translating the MIDI into a modern studio context, adding in keyboard samples, and re-mixing the sounds with added effects and mastering. To find out more about his process watch an explanatory video here: cutt.ly/ulUHE6J
Remastered for vinyl, officially licensed and presented in a limited edition banana yellow double LP.

Yeah those DKC soundtracks are amazing. They even got some of the OG creators to come back and make Tropical Freeze as well.

I agree. It's nice when someone does a Taylor Swift like last year and sends out a ton of signed albums with no markup, and Newbury Comics often has preorders with free signatures. But if an artist at any level can sell signed albums at a premium? Good for them. Honestly, anything under $50 is a steal for any artist's diehard fans. Most people don't live anywhere near a venue or record store, so it's the only way they're going to get something signed by their fave. <<<Gets off soapbox, posts flex pic of his signed albums wall>>>

View attachment 92656
That’s a badass wall. I have tons of signed albums but I don’t display them, they are just there with the rest of my records.

That’s a badass wall. I have tons of signed albums but I don’t display them, they are just there with the rest of my records.

We were lucky to rent this insane place with a double parlor and 13 foot ceilings for a few years before we got our house. It made for amazing display space and lots of house shows. We could fit 75 people inside and still have room to move around.

Based on the merch announcement from Sacred Bones today, I would be willing to bet a reissue of Jerry Garcia’s Garcia a s probably going to be announced soon. They have preorder up for a Garcia themed tie-dye shirt but they have absolutely no other Jerry Garcia items currently for sale, looking over the recent Reissues on Discogs, it seems like the album is due for a reissue. It could just be a random album themed T-Shirt for sale but my guess is that there will be a pre-order announcement forthcoming... keep your eyes peeled.

Based on the merch announcement from Sacred Bones today, I would be willing to bet a reissue of Jerry Garcia’s Garcia a s probably going to be announced soon. They have preorder up for a Garcia themed tie-dye shirt but they have absolutely no other Jerry Garcia items currently for sale, looking over the recent Reissues on Discogs, it seems like the album is due for a reissue. It could just be a random album themed T-Shirt for sale but my guess is that there will be a pre-order announcement forthcoming... keep your eyes peeled.
I mean I do hope this happens. But they also have those steal your face tie die shirts and they’ve never done any Dead reissues. Anyway, I’m hoping you’re right

Weird Al, Refreshments, Charles Bradley! Nice!

View attachment 92656

Back