Pre-Order Thread

I picked one up from Drift. Between Field Music, The Coral, Hiss Golden Messenger and Gruff Dinked are killing it this year. Actually looking forward to the Sarah Neufeld they're putting out too.

Not sure what I'm doing with VMP as my sub runs down but a Dinked a month is looking like an awesome alternative
i am tempted by some of them. Can someone recommend a record store that carries dinked with good intl shipping?

i am tempted by some of them. Can someone recommend a record store that carries dinked with good intl shipping?
Norman Records might be worth a look. I think you can actually call Dinked on the phone directly to order too.

Scrap that. You can't. Here's the list of stockings

(guilty look)

That kinda release is probably for listeners like me who love a lot of the songwriting of some prolific musicians but who don't particularly care for their voices. Dylan's my main culprit on this and Prine's isn't bad at all but I can see a lot of listeners liking covers from artists who have different styles. Like, if I'm going to listen to Angel of Montgomery, I'm probably not reaching for John's version first on Spotify even as the original artist. I would imagine some of Oh Boy's strategy on this is that pulling in new people who wouldn't normally listen to John Prine is going to lead to wider releases of his catalog than choosing an album that his diehards may want.

At least that's how I originally got introduced to John Prine: it was an Unwed Fathers cover or two by artists who I already enjoyed a lot.

I'd much rather any of these be on vinyl than a tribute record. Here is hoping.

View attachment 92044
Yeah for sure. Sounds like they’re coming. I’ve had aimless love. Either cogs or my local don’t remember. Just picked up German afternoons for 65 a couple weeks ago. But I really do want to complete that collection on vinyl. He’s one artist, to me at least, that doesn’t make a bad song.

Happy that more people will be introduced to John's music, and I love to support Oh Boy.
But if I'm going to play these songs I'd much rather hear John sing them.
True but I also like cover albums if it's actually done with care. The Day of the Dead box set that's all covers of Grateful Dead songs is really awesome.

1615824146986.png

@Bennnnn

Happy that more people will be introduced to John's music, and I love to support Oh Boy.
But if I'm going to play these songs I'd much rather hear John sing them.

I get this, and normally HATE cover albums but I feel like Country is so big on covers and standards that I kinda love Prine's songs getting that treatment. And this should have a great tracklist. I think I'm in

I'd much rather any of these be on vinyl than a tribute record. Here is hoping.

View attachment 92044
Hell Yeah,

Hoping Oh Boy is going to start working away on this. I like their store redesign and am actually listening to Dan Reeder's albums and I realized I slept on him. Also a reissue coming for The Bis-quits which bodes well for some catalogue stuff.

And was there always free shipping on orders over $50?

Hell Yeah,

Hoping Oh Boy is going to start working away on this. I like their store redesign and am actually listening to Dan Reeder's albums and I realized I slept on him. Also a reissue coming for The Bis-quits which bodes well for some catalogue stuff.

And was there always free shipping on orders over $50?
I finally received the new Kelsey Waldon EPs I ordered from OhBoy. I am hoping they will reissue their Todd Snider and Prine releases that were CD only.

Norman Records might be worth a look. I think you can actually call Dinked on the phone directly to order too.

Scrap that. You can't. Here's the list of stockings

Seconding the Norman Records reco. Super reliable and surprisingly affordable for imports.

Oh boy also needs to release this record on vinyl. Probably my favorite of Kelsey's.

View attachment 92052
Agree totally. I wish they would also reissue her Anchor In The Valley s/t LP. However, I don't think Kelsey is interested in reissuing her pre Gold Mine EPs and AiTV album, although the material is quite good. I think putting the pre GM material out there as a demos collection, if she has concerns about the recording quality, would be a welcome addition.

Agree totally. I wish they would also reissue her Anchor In The Valley s/t LP. However, I don't think Kelsey is interested in reissuing her pre Gold Mine EPs and AiTV album, although the material is quite good. I think putting the pre GM material out there as a demos collection, if she has concerns about the recording quality, would be a welcome addition.

Yes this would be awesome. I have this EP of hers that I downloaded from Noisetrade back in the day and it awesome.
1615828618790.png

1615828693436.png

View attachment 92062

My og copy is fine... my og copy is fine.... my

Back