Pre-Order Thread

Khruangbin LNT is up. 2K copies, no 7-inch. $37 / $34

The write up:
You already know what this is, and I suspect, are losing your damn minds slamming that credit card info into your Shopify account. If you do happen to be reading this, I salute you, hope everything's good, remember to wear a mask, especially if your partying is running late and moody, like this album.

The write up:
You already know what this is, and I suspect, are losing your damn minds slamming that credit card info into your Shopify account. If you do happen to be reading this, I salute you, hope everything's good, remember to wear a mask, especially if your partying is running late and moody, like this album.
Jesus fuck.

The write up:
That's some arrogant shit right there.

This is a serious question that may sound snarky, but are any GOF albums besides Entertainment! worth owning? It's the only one that I really know. I also wish the album they released in 2005ish where they re recorded a bunch of tracks was in this.
Solid Gold is fantastic and Songs of the Free is very underrated. You can't go wrong with those first three albums. Sorta just like Wire.

The write up:
I feel like that was recycled from another recent release as well. So not only arrogant, but lazy AF.

I'm happy if artists I like are making money in the variant vinyl game, but for me, the more variants that emerge, the less I'm interested in purchasing. Figure I'll just wait for the album, and get it on black vinyl after I hear the entire stream. I've passed on a few records I normally would have preordered these past couple of weeks simply from variant exhaustion. For the artist's sake, I'm glad I'm not the target consumer.

Is it just me or do live albums seem to be making a comeback? War on Drugs, Belle & Sebastian and now Arctic Monkeys. I guess people are craving live music.

I’ve definitely been more into live albums over the past few months but I’m not sure I can attribute that to the lack of live music, since I usually only go to like 1-2 showper year (not counting small local acts). I have a relatively low fidelity set up, so I’m not offended by less-than-pristine recordings.

View attachment 72219

View attachment 72220

@debianlinux Pretty good stuff here. As your official arbiter of taste, I advise you check it out.

Also, @Twentytwo, you are the best. Thank you so much for that link to the signed Barbara Mandrell. That was such an insta buy.

I was going to refrain from getting this one. But then I remembered that I'm a huge fan of Danny Elfman and the main reason I bought a record player was for Christmas music... I have no self control.
I was on the fence, too. But then I made the mistake of relistening to it again and snagged one. Elfman's music is *chefs kiss*.

Is the gold indie version of Castaways and Cutouts hard to pre-order at all? In true me fashion, I just realized I ordered both it and the variant that was on The Decemberists' webstore, and before I cancel the gold one I figured I'd check and make sure it's not something people are trying to get a hold of...I'm guessing not, but if you need it and want to buy the copy I have on order, lemme know.

I definitely want to preorder the Ghost Dog OST but can't decide which one:

1) Stranded Records has the Red or White vinyl for $26 and it's "limited" but doesn't say to how many.

2) The label, 36 Chambers, has a "deluxe" version that amount to an OBI strip and Red/White swirl for $40, limited to 2,000

3) But then Tower Records has its own variant (who knew Tower Records still exists?) has an "opaque red/yellow swirl" limited to 500 for $40:

Advice needed.

@uvwxVinyl

Repress going on sale Friday 2PM Eastern Standard Time.

They are also doing a repress of Acceptance-Phantoms and Valencia-We all need a Reason to Believe and if you want all three, they'll knock off $5.

On this page you can purchase a bundle with the third pressing of https://badtimingrecords.limitedrun.com/products/516799Acceptance’s Phantoms, the second pressing of Valencia’s We All Need A Reason To Believe and the second pressing of Cassino’s Sounds of Salvation. The bundle costs $59, which is a savings of $5 compared to buying the records separately. This bundle is limited to 60 to preserve stock of the individual records for folks who don’t want to bundle.

This bundle includes the Clear & Dark Blue Pinwheel (third pressing, /750) variant of the Acceptance album, the Blue & White Galaxy (second pressing, /500) variant of the Valencia album, and the Black (second pressing, /300) variant of the Cassino album. Full pressing info can be seen below.

Bundles will ship within 2 weeks of the on-sale date. Bundle purchases include a digital download of only the Cassino album.

Back