Pre-Order Thread

Here's something weird that I don't think has been posted here (or maybe it has? I'm not sure how else I would have heard of it). Steve Reidell of The Hood Internet and Air Credits, among other projects, has put together an album of covers for the 40th anniversary of Duke by Genesis. Limited edition of 250 copies on pink vinyl, shipping at the end of October.

0020803545_10.jpg
TIL that the dude from Hood Internet is in Black Moth Super Rainbow.

I just want the regular remastered album Jeff not all this extra crap JEFF ANSWER ME
IMO the the older pressing of Summerteeth sounds great. I would just try to pick up one of those copies you you dont already have one. My issue with these deluxe reissues is that the older reissue were all done very well, it is hard to justify rebuying these deluxe reissues for a bunch of outtakes or colored wax.

well the VMP one should be up in about an hour. for Floating Points, I ended up ordering from LNT directly, then cancelled when VMP announced theirs and ended up getting shipped the LNT one anyway...if I didn't have the VMP store credit, I'd probably just go for the LNT one to support them directly.
Out of curiosity I checked on the last 2 LNT exclusives I bought from VMP, so there is a shred of hope that they will not be $40:
LNT Floating Points - March 2019 - $31
LNT BadBadNotGood - July 2017 - $29

IMO the the older pressing of Summerteeth sounds great. I would just try to pick up one of those copies you you dont already have one. My issue with these deluxe reissues is that the older reissue were all done very well, it is hard to justify rebuying these deluxe reissues for a bunch of outtakes or colored wax.
It does, but apparently it's out of print right now and has been going for some pretty gnarly prices on Discogs.

I guess that's part of the problem. Older pressings have since gone out of stock everywhere. Maybe that's a marketing move to get people to buy this one? So snekky.

Out of curiosity I checked on the last 2 LNT exclusives I bought from VMP, so there is a shred of hope that they will not be $40:
LNT Floating Points - March 2019 - $31
LNT BadBadNotGood - July 2017 - $29
Those both came out before the store price hikes though sadly. I'm guessing at least $35 for members and $40+ shipping for non-members.

I guess that's part of the problem. Older pressings have since gone out of stock everywhere. Maybe that's a marketing move to get people to buy this one? So snekky.
FYI this is a very common tactic. Distributors and labels know when a new reissue is coming out so they stop production to create a demand for the repress.

Mine does sound great.
Still getting the Deluxe Color Version, cause that's the kind of Wilco fan I am. (I'm also the guy with two copies of Ode to Joy...the Color and the Chicago Versions...so don't mind me).

I'll do *something* with the 2xLP I currently have and only go in for a second copy if I ever stumble across a VG+ OG version in the wild.

FYI this is a very common tactic. Distributors and labels know when a new reissue is coming out so they stop production to create a demand for the repress.
Makes sense. Also a reason why I like to keep a very long record list on Amazon. As soon as something dries up there, you know it's either A. going out of print or B. readying for a reissue

Sorry for the "Not a Pre-Order" post, this one will go fast.

BACK TO THE FUTURE GALLERY EXCLUSIVE VARIANT COVER
In celebration of the 35th anniversary of the film, Mondo partnered with the legendary poster artist Drew Struzan, the artist behind the original theatrical one sheet, to create all new packaging for this re-issue. Featuring illustrations and unused poster art created in 1985 for the film, this vinyl reissue has been remastered and pressed on 180 Gram Flame colored vinyl. This variant from Mondo’s own release is exclusive to Galactic Gallery. Only 300 of this variant.

Back_To_The_Future_D.jpg

Sorry for the "Not a Pre-Order" post, this one will go fast.

BACK TO THE FUTURE GALLERY EXCLUSIVE VARIANT COVER
In celebration of the 35th anniversary of the film, Mondo partnered with the legendary poster artist Drew Struzan, the artist behind the original theatrical one sheet, to create all new packaging for this re-issue. Featuring illustrations and unused poster art created in 1985 for the film, this vinyl reissue has been remastered and pressed on 180 Gram Flame colored vinyl. This variant from Mondo’s own release is exclusive to Galactic Gallery. Only 300 of this variant.

Back_To_The_Future_D.jpg

Already did lol

Back