Pre-Order Thread

Steve Hoffman forums are saying that they think Bernie Grundman did the remasters per an interview on XM radio.

Also, the super deluxe $500 version is limited to 475 copies.
I don’t see why Chris Bellman wouldn’t have been the one to cut the lacquers. He did the box set I believe? Would make sense then if it was mastered at Bernie Grundman, maybe by the man himself.

This is going to sound like a strange question because I don't listen to much Tom Petty. But why is this the album that everyone has been hyped for? Is it a really great album or is it just the lack of availably?
Little bit of both. Couple that with the fact he had enough material for two full albums (and then some) because it was originally planned as a double album. And he’d promised would see the light of day, then passed away, so it just drove the myth a little deeper.

I don’t see why Chris Bellman wouldn’t have been the one to cut the lacquers. He did the box set I believe? Would make sense then if it was mastered at Bernie Grundman, maybe by the man himself.
I re-read the comment and they said "by the folks at Bernie Grundman" so it's likely Bellman at BG.

I'm probably aiming for the most basic of packages and that's already on Amazon and Bullmoose. Just waiting to see if it will pop up anywhere else where I have a coupon!
I love Wildflowers and have been pining for a repress for years. I would've been like a pig in shit for just the standard album getting a repress. But w/ the 3 LP it's still a reasonable $40 and I'm sure there is some gold in them there hills; I'm going that route.

But 7LP? 9LP? Okay, the 9LP for $250 is fine - there are def artists I'd buy a package like that for, so I can understand it (although I don't need that much of Wildflowers, personally). But that 9LP ultra edition for $500 is just plain ol' stupid. Ooooh a fabric bag, some patches; but wait....there's more! A lithograph and a necklace (and it's in a pouch!). I kid, but really...

Edit: Looking the photos on the Petty website the 3LP looks like a straight gatefold. So, 1LP/2LP sleeve distribution?

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-066!

If you want to dig in more with our label, please come visit our board in the Vinyl Clubs section!

Soul Step Records is proud to announce that the stone country classic album “Hell of a Woman” by Nashville-based Emily Nenni is coming to vinyl for the first time! After such positive releases from The Family Gold, Fort Defiance, and The Local Honeys, this is our Fourth release in Soul Step’s Footprint Series that focuses on Appalachian and Country music.

“Hell of a Woman” was released to critical acclaim in 2018. This album is a quintessential Nashville Stone Country record. This album of stone Nashville country is something that country purists will love. “Hell of a Woman” is a record made for those who long for those smokey Nashville barrooms where the neon lights shine bright into the night and the pedal steel guitar rings loud.

Emily Nenni is a singer-songwriter from the Bay Area and recently set roots in Nashville, Tennessee. Emily’s musical inspirations range from the girl groups of the 1960’s to the outlaw Country of the 1970’s. Emily Nenni sang her first songs on stage at Robert’s Western World in Nashville by bribing the band and doorman with cookies. She has since honed her Honky-Tonk skills in double-wide trailers on Sunday nights, clubs across the south, as as well playing for ranchers and wranglers in Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Emily is set to open for Orville Peck on a set of dates across the USA in 2021. Needless to say - the world is discovering her tried-and-true Country sound.

Soul Step Records will be releasing “Hell of a Woman” by Emily Nenni to Soul Step Record Subscribers on Saturday, August 22nd. The general public sale will begin on Monday, August 24th.

IMG_0648.jpgIMG_0653.jpg

My guess is it's the same remaster as what was used when Wildflowers was included in the "Complete Studio Albums Vol. 2" box set.

Lacquers cut by Chris Bellman (and it is supposedly AAA). This is going to sound very good.

I have an OG pressing. It already sounds great so I'm leery of a remaster, BUT this is certainly a Desert Island Disc for me so if its improved upon then even better.

This is going to sound like a strange question because I don't listen to much Tom Petty. But why is this the album that everyone has been hyped for? Is it a really great album or is it just the lack of availably?

If you are going to own a Petty Album on vinyl, I would argue this is the one you want.

I love Wildflowers and have been pining for a repress for years. I would've been like a pig in shit for just the standard album getting a repress. But w/ the 3 LP it's still a reasonable $40 and I'm sure there is some gold in them there hills; I'm going that route.

But 7LP? 9LP? Okay, the 9LP for $250 is fine - there are def artists I'd buy a package like that for, so I can understand it (although I don't need that much of Wildflowers, personally). But that 9LP ultra edition for $500 is just plain ol' stupid. Ooooh a fabric bag, some patches; but wait....there's more! A lithograph and a necklace (and it's in a pouch!). I kid, but really...

Edit: Looking the photos on the Petty website the 3LP looks like a straight gatefold. So, 1LP/2LP sleeve distribution?

I truly love this album, but I don't know if even I need on vinyl:
  • a double LP of 15 solo demos recorded by Petty at his home studio
  • a double LP of 14 live versions of Wildflowers songs recorded from 1995 – 2017
  • two LPs of alternate versions (“Finding Wildflowers”).
Maybe I get the 3LP version and the Deluxe Digital Download.

I like the album but I don't need a 7 or 9LP version. I'll just listen to them on streaming/download them later. Interesting to note that people who purchased the 5xCD version from the Petty site have gotten download links for the first few singles and they are available in MP3/FLAC/WAV
TBH I don’t even want a 3xLP version (though I pre-ordered it anyways) I rarely ever listen to bonus material and while this album is pretty great It’s not a full LP of outtakes and bonus material great. I think the 9xLP is insane for such a low key album. Pet Sounds isn’t even 9 LP worthy.

TBH I don’t even want a 3xLP version (though I pre-ordered it anyways) I rarely ever listen to bonus material and while this album is pretty great It’s not a full LP of outtakes and bonus material great. I think the 9xLP is insane for such a low key album. Pet Sounds isn’t even 9 LP worthy.

I'm in agreement here. Can't we just get all the B-sides and outtakes from the Playback set on vinyl with these new unreleased songs? Now, that's a 9 album set I would buy Day 1.

I got the 3LP Flaming Pie set and I actually really enjoy it. 2xLP for the main set and 1LP of demos. That's the extent of what I would want for something like this. I don't need 70 bonus tracks of "alternate takes" of songs. I find all of that pretty boring to be honest haha.

I have an OG pressing. It already sounds great so I'm leery of a remaster, BUT this is certainly a Desert Island Disc for me so if its improved upon then even better.

If you are going to own a Petty Album on vinyl, I would argue this is the one you want.

I truly love this album, but I don't know if even I need on vinyl:
  • a double LP of 15 solo demos recorded by Petty at his home studio
  • a double LP of 14 live versions of Wildflowers songs recorded from 1995 – 2017
  • two LPs of alternate versions (“Finding Wildflowers”).
Maybe I get the 3LP version and the Deluxe Digital Download.

You beat me to saying exactly this.

Heads up for any T-Swift fans. Alot of shops received a batch of autographed CD copies. Available for in store purchase, 1 per customer only. They arent allowed to sell online. Already checked with Grimey's who confirmed they got it in and are under strict orders to only sell in person.

Bummer for me as I'm working and my local is almost an hour away but anyone else who may be interested...

Heads up for any T-Swift fans. Alot of shops received a batch of autographed CD copies. Available for in store purchase, 1 per customer only. They arent allowed to sell online. Already checked with Grimey's who confirmed they got it in and are under strict orders to only sell in person.

Bummer for me as I'm working and my local is almost an hour away but anyone else who may be interested...
I know you used to be in Astoria, but is your local now Darkside in PK? Just curious what RSD there is like.

Okay, LITA links for Studio Ghibli OSTs and image albums:

Side note, I have spent WAY too much on vinyl today.
haha what?

1597939420316.png

tbh I got them off Amazon.jp in 2018 for at least $40USD each so I can't really complain

EDIT: the most expensive one was 5000Yen which is like $47~. This pricing is highway robbery

Last edited:
I loved the Petty Live Anthology box set so much that I auto-pre-ordered the American Treasure box set. The quality of both packages is great but the latter set confirmed for me that I don’t need Petty unreleased/alternate take/bonus material. I especially don’t need to pay $80-500 for it. IMO, his studio output is so good that there’s enough of a disparity between what was officially released and what was held back for me to be happy with just streaming the unreleased stuff.

Back