Pre-Order Thread

That’s one of my favorite Dicks Picks and I love 69 Dead shows but I’ve lost my taste for shows on wax. Would highly recommend that one to those interested. That Eleven from the Chicago show is fucking awesome. A great representation of that fiery, hit you in the face psychedelia that they had really mastered that year.

Only post Jerry band that does that period any justice is JRAD IMO.

1595537919803.png

Watching this unfold for a spoken word album is so entertaining to me.

I think she’s a bit of a genius, every album from the first has built to another level, all different to the last and all quality releases ..I would urge everyone to check out Ultraviolence...having said that I’m not buying every variant of a spoken word album!

That’s one of my favorite Dicks Picks and I love 69 Dead shows but I’ve lost my taste for shows on wax. Would highly recommend that one to those interested. That Eleven from the Chicago show is fucking awesome. A great representation of that fiery, hit you in the face psychedelia that they had really mastered that year.

Only post Jerry band that does that period any justice is JRAD IMO.

CDs sales figures should break out the live Dead shows sold. The format will remain viable as long as there are DeadHeads and more board tapes. Mind you, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with collecting walls of live Dead.

Just pointing out Dead fans are among the most devoted. Also, the foresight of the band to record and save everything did the music world a great service.

Last edited:
I’m not really sure what you’re responding to in my post, brother. Losing the taste for live GD on wax is a personal thing. These are clearly popular and I think it’s great they are being released

I’m not really sure what you’re responding to in my post, brother. Losing the taste for live GD on wax is a personal thing. These are clearly popular and I think it’s great they are being released

No worries. All good. I have GD on both formats. Whenever I read about CD sales being down I always think of bands like the Dead. They put out lots of great looking live CDs packaged really well. And, needless to say they have a fan base that supports what they do.

As a huge Deadhead myself and a vinyl aficionado, I have to agree that not all of their stuff is best on wax. Take this Dick's Picks, in my opinion it is in the bottom half of original Dick's Picks in terms of quality and two songs are cut up (Dark Star and Lovelight) and split between sides. Its not bad per se, its really good. But there's much better readily available.

If you want this era Dead on vinyl, get one of the Fillmore West '69 shows (the pinkish and green boxes, 2/27 and 2/28). Both are better shows than these from April 69 and are cheaper right now. 2/28 is in stock a number of places and is a monster show.

I wish they would specifically pick shows that fit well on vinyl. I have no clue as to why Real Gone is jumping around shows (They've released Dick's Picks 34, 24, and now 26; 1-6 and 8 were done by Brookvale). Shows that make sense are out there and I could easily pick shows that have been released on CD that would make good releases. But there is too much of a fad to throw it on wax to make a few bucks without thinking about the end product.

Vinyl isn't the best way to experience a lot of these full shows and this release makes little sense to me. I'd definitelygo the digital/CD route and get vinyl for the periodic releases that make sense (and the original studio/live albums). There are great ways to get into the Dead on vinyl, but the Anthology or this set are not it.

Last edited:
As a huge Deadhead myself and a vinyl aficionado, I have to agree that not all of their stuff is best on wax. Take this Dick's Picks, in my opinion it is in the bottom half of original Dick's Picks in terms of quality and two songs are cut up (Dark Star and Lovelight) and split between sides. Its not bad per se, its really good. But there's much better readily available.

If you want this era Dead on vinyl, get one of the Fillmore West '69 shows (the pinkish and green boxes, 2/27 and 2/28). Both are better shows than these from April 69 and are cheaper right now. 2/28 is in stock a number of places and is a monster show.

I wish they would specifically pick shows that fit well on vinyl. I have no clue as to why Real Gone is jumping around shows (They've released Dick's Picks 34, 24, and now 26; 1-6 and 8 were done by Brookvale). Shows that make sense are out there and I could easily pick shows that have been released on CD that would make good releases. But there is too much of a fad to throw it on wax to make a few bucks without thinking about the end product.

Vinyl isn't the best way to experience a lot of these full shows and this release makes little sense to me. I'd definitelygo the digital/CD route and get vinyl for the periodic releases that make sense (and the original studio/live albums). There are great ways to get into the Dead on vinyl, but the Anthology or this set are not it.
But did you grab it?;)

Back