Pre-Order Thread

Has anybody seen any updates on the MoFi T Rex- Electric Warrior pressing? It got announced awhile back and can’t seem to find anything about updated release date. There’s a preorder available o think through Elusive Disk but haven’t seen anything else.

I’ve been taking a deeper dive into Dylan, The Band and Grateful Dead lately. The Dylan mono box got me started and VMP anthology gave me the impetus to start listening to the Dead. spent some money to make my own anthology of sorts recently thanks to the suggestions of the fine folks on this forum!
Next up Neil Young. He fits in nicely with that group and I noticed a lack of Neil in your discogs collection. That's a rewarding rabbit hole to travel down.

Next up Neil Young. He fits in nicely with that group and I noticed a lack of Neil in your discogs collection. That's a rewarding rabbit hole to travel down.
Yep—he actually got me started down the classic rock wavelength these past few months. Been streaming a lot of his albums lately. Have a few on my wantlist to pick up on vinyl but the digital streaming also sounds really good. I’ve been eying some more of his stuff though on vinyl so might pull the trigger on some in the next month or so.

Yep—he actually got me started down the classic rock wavelength these past few months. Been streaming a lot of his albums lately. Have a few on my wantlist to pick up on vinyl but the digital streaming also sounds really good. I’ve been eying some more of his stuff though on vinyl so might pull the trigger on some in the next month or so.
He is a hardcore audiophile too. He even had a short lived digital music service/player he designed because he hated MP3's so much.

He is a hardcore audiophile too. He even had a short lived digital music service/player he designed because he hated MP3's so much.
Oh yea I remember all about Pono haha. I’m also glad a lot of the reissues he has done in the past few years are all affordable and really good quality from what I have so far. I think Homegrown sounds great on vinyl and recently got Harvest from his archive series.

So I wake up to discover in the 5.5 hours I got of sleep in my 70+ hour Essential work week, I've missed the 100 gecs repress window. While learning of this having just woken up at 5:30, I turned on my stove for breakfast, distracted by my hungry cat that a plastic container lid was still on my skillet.

So when i truly learned all copies of gecs had sold out in the middle of the night, I discover my skillet is now covered my skillet is covered in melted plastic, I take it onto the back deck and bang it onto the railing in frustration to which then the handle breaks off in my hand, of which I yeet into the side of my garage as hard as I can.
Guess what?
100 gecs pressed 2k more of both releases because they felt sad for you:

Why does the doves special edition only have the picture disc that they are signing in it ☹. Why is the bundle with box and red vinyl only with a t shirt? A bundle with the red vinyl and box would have been a really goer for me...

As it is I might just get the red vinyl...

Not sure if I understand this correctly, but here it sounds like the red vinyl is the signed one. As they also say the signed picture disc is a store exclusive. Could be the same though.

Not sure if I understand this correctly, but here it sounds like the red vinyl is the signed one. As they also say the signed picture disc is a store exclusive. Could be the same though.

im looking on their own store not one of the resellers. The bundle there is €106 with the T-shirt and they are physically signing the picture disc. The box set on its own is €80 with the picture disc physically signed and the red vinyl is €21.99 with the cover signed so obviously you can get the two signed, but added to cart separately for the same price as the SOM bundle. Also postage is STEEP, €22 to Ireland or €10 to UK. It’s also the same cost on their store, SOM and record store....

Anything but a fucking picture disc in the box though, I wish I didn’t have to buy a fucking separate record too. That bullshit combined with the cost of shipping has me thinking I might wait for an indie version in my local...

White vinyl Doves exclusive on rough trade

White vinyl Doves exclusive on rough trade

Doesn’t say exclusive anywhere?

My guess it that’s the indie store variant.

Back