Pre-Order Thread

Last edited:
Newbury Comics will provide this 😂
Wait, does the B&N come with an alternate artwork? :rolleyes:

B&N Mockup:
0194397795714_p0_v3_s600x595.jpg

HHV Mockup:
737466_1.jpg

Joy Division, Closer, 40th Anniversary Clear Vinyl. Already have this, but will prob get this version.

Oh damn, that bundle is so tempting because those singles are unreal.

I went ahead and ordered the bundle.

While I have copies of Closer and Love Will Tear Us Apart, I don't have the other 2 12"s.

@wokeupnew @TenderLovingKiller® look what showed up, totally unscathed from 6 weeks of travel too!
View attachment 46535
Just So! got back to me and shared tracking info. Looks like mine is hanging out in Chicago for an extended vacation.

I wonder if Chicago is a hub for packages right now with certain international shipping/customs. Many folks in the Cherry Tree thread and National FB groups I'm in who are international members are still waiting for their orders and most have their packages sitting in Chicago too. They're in a similar situation going the opposite direction.

I have ordered a record direct from someone on discogs who lives in the UK which was delivered incredible quickly and a soccer jersey from Germany since everything was under quarantine. Both of those didn't have extended holiday's in Chicago. Maybe because Sweden is not doing many things different the packages are being held extra long for good measure. And for those packages leaving the US, it's the same since US is having an awful time handling this pandemic.

1589462400819.png

available at both of their sites for 24 hrs it says

1589471640294.png

This special 40th anniversary edition of the Red Cross EP, which includes the band’s six-song eponymous debut and adds five contemporaneous extra tracks, is the most comprehensive document to date of the extraordinary birth of Redd Kross.
Redd Kross incubated alongside such SoCal luminaries as Black Flag, Descendents, and the Minutemen, and this new 11-song collection—which includes rare and unreleased demos plus a live track recorded in 1979 at “The Church,” the infamous Black Flag birthplace in Hermosa Beach, CA—puts in proper perspective the McDonald brothers’ contribution, at the ridiculously precocious ages of 12 and 16, to that area’s punk scene.

Finally got my copy of Strokes -- New Abnormal this morning. Does anbody else HATE the packaging? This is just begging to be a mess with any amount of regular play. I blame Julian!
I like it. The only issue is when reapply the static sticker it creates air bubbles and I get a bit OCD where I have to re apply multiple times in an attempted to lessen the air bubbles. But I enjoy the design from an aesthetic standpoint and the static sticker will likely last longer than one of those heavy plastic cover that are often used for a similar effect.

Finally got my copy of Strokes -- New Abnormal this morning. Does anbody else HATE the packaging? This is just begging to be a mess with any amount of regular play. I blame Julian!
Spoke about this one in a recent grabs post; I thought the vinyl wraparound was just a thicker but otherwise normal sticker, so would be a pain to re-apply seeing the air bubbles under it already and might pick up crap over time. It had the track list and title on though so didn’t want to remove it. Ended up cutting through it on the side with the record and never taking it off at all. When I realised how it was supposed to be done I felt like an idiot but is what others have gone with and you can’t notice it when it’s in the outer sleeve, just looks normal.

I’m 100% up for creative packaging and think it’s great from a visual perspective but it should be clear where you’re supposed to open or engage with it knowing it’s a collectors item and people won’t want to put too much pressure or pull on areas too much without knowing they’re supposed to give way.

Unless the packaging was sold as a puzzle to open or something similar, which are the exceptions and can be neat.

I like it. The only issue is when reapply the static sticker it creates air bubbles and I get a bit OCD where I have to re apply multiple times in an attempted to lessen the air bubbles. But I enjoy the design from an aesthetic standpoint and the static sticker will likely last longer than one of those heavy plastic cover that are often used for a similar effect.
I didn't realize it was a static sticker. You are correct. Mine just looked (looks) like a shoddily-applied transparent decal. Maybe I can stick the static sticker to...

WAIT. I get it now. I was opening it wrong entirely. I have been playing LPs for over forty years and have a doctorate degree... I still blame Julian.

Last edited:
Idk if anyone else saw, but Armand Hammer has a new album, Shrines, on the way, preorder on Backwoodz. The website won’t let anyone checkout yet, so just to add more traffic, I thought I’d post it here too. Best of luck.

22 left if anyone was on the fence.

Wish they'd let you combine with in stock items and I would've ordered Shit Don't Rhyme No More as well.

Back