Pre-Order Thread

Please show me when your prints arrive! I'm interested in seeing some of them. There are really cool ones. Also I received the survey to select your design. Do you have it yet?

Hows the shipping from Qrates for that Fearless Flyers vinyl?

The shipping is $10. Last year I bought a record from them, and it arrived in one of the shittiest flimsy cardboard mailers I’ve ever seen, vinyl warped, huge bend in the sleeve. Emailed CS, send another, same deal. Emailed again, gave me a refund.

Why would you stop? Please don't.

I just checked and I have:

Mad About Records Bandcamp (1 record)
T5Jazz Tokyo (3)
BBE Bandcamp (6)
Discogs (1)
Ropeadope Bandcamp (4)
Balades Sonores Paris (5 + 1 gift card)
VMP (3)
Flur Lisbon (1)
Mano a Mano Lisbon (1)
Louie Louie Lisbon (4)
Fran & Flora Bandcamp (1)
We Release Jazz Bandcamp (3)
Cherry Tree Membership (1)
Discogs (2)
HHV (3)
Jazz Refreshed Bandcamp (1)
Analog Africa Bandcamp (3)
You are literally a vinyl addict Skalap!!! Like, this is next level vinyl purchasing....😵

Here’s my list of pre-orders I’m waiting for:

Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
Yves Tumor - Heaven To A Tortured Mind
Knxwledge - 1988
Shabaka and The Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History
KAINA - Next To The Sun
Khruangbin - Mordechai
Christelle Bofale - Swim Team
Cornelius - Fantasma
Sylk - Sylk
Empress Of - I’m Your Empress Of
Otis Redding - The Immortal Otis Redding
Rick Ross - Teflon Don
The Stooges - The Stooges (John Cale Mix)
Tom Misch & Yusef Dayes - What Kinda Music
Sun-Ra - Celestrial Love
Duke Ellington - Blues In Orbit
Son House - Father Of Folk Blues
Nat “King Cole - Love Is The Thing
Fritz Reiner - Rimsky Korsakoff
Janos Starker - Dvorak: Violincello
Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna
Salt-N-Pepa - Very Necessary
Errol Gardner - Magician
Mndsgn - Bed
Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
Nick Hakim - Will This Make Me Good
Naeem - Startisha
Kate NV - Room For The Moon

And that’s just the VMP store...😅👀

I also purchased new releases from artists like The Weeknd and Lido Pimienta too...😅

Holy Shit, I feel like I’m the worst offender here...🤐🙈🔫

The shipping is $10. Last year I bought a record from them, and it arrived in one of the shittiest flimsy cardboard mailers I’ve ever seen, vinyl warped, huge bend in the sleeve. Emailed CS, send another, same deal. Emailed again, gave me a refund.
Agreed on poor shipping materials but I’ve luckily had no damage and have ordered quite a lot from Qrates/Vulfpeck

Here’s my list of pre-orders I’m waiting for:

Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
Yves Tumor - Heaven To A Tortured Mind
Knxwledge - 1988
Shabaka and The Ancestors - We Are Sent Here By History
KAINA - Next To The Sun
Khruangbin - Mordechai
Christelle Bofale - Swim Team
Cornelius - Fantasma
Sylk - Sylk
Empress Of - I’m Your Empress Of
Otis Redding - The Immortal Otis Redding
Rick Ross - Teflon Don
The Stooges - The Stooges (John Cale Mix)
Tom Misch & Yusef Dayes - What Kinda Music
Sun-Ra - Celestrial Love
Duke Ellington - Blues In Orbit
Son House - Father Of Folk Blues
Nat “King Cole - Love Is The Thing
Fritz Reiner - Rimsky Korsakoff
Janos Starker - Dvorak: Violincello
Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna
Salt-N-Pepa - Very Necessary
Errol Gardner - Magician
Mndsgn - Bed
Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately
Nick Hakim - Will This Make Me Good
Naeem - Startisha
Kate NV - Room For The Moon

And that’s just the VMP store...😅👀

I also purchased new releases from artists like The Weeknd and Lido Pimienta too...😅

Holy Shit, I feel like I’m the worst offender here...🤐🙈🔫

I know you originally said you weren't into Fantasma but I'm glad you decided to get it. It's still my favorite Cornelius album.

I know you originally said you weren't into Fantasma but I'm glad you decided to get it. It's still my favorite Cornelius album.
Yeah, I briefly re-listened to it after VMP announced their exclusive of it, and I was actually really impressed with how much originality was in the music. I see why Fantasma is regarded as Cornelius’ best work now! I cannot wait to receive the exclusive and play it! 😁

Yeah, I briefly re-listened to it after VMP announced their exclusive of it, and I was actually really impressed with how much originality was in the music. I see why Fantasma is regarded as Cornelius’ best work now! I cannot wait to receive the exclusive and play it! 😁

Make sure you listen to it with headphones... He's known for really making use of both stereo channels

A little late on this, but I'll agree with what was said about High re: Peace at Last and first two albums. Better than the former and inferior to the latter.

I saw on your status you recently acquired a copy of "Hats" so good on you. I got two copies of each of the first three reissues direct from TBN as well. The resale values got ridiculous. This release may be a bit more optimistic since it doesn't say anything about limited quantities, while the first wave said they were all limited (1,500 if I remember correctly and then TBN via FB talked about upping the number b/c of unforeseen demand).

With that said, I'm wary of this RE. One, the first three REs weren't that great. Pressing-wise they were okay. Having 2 of each to listen to, I found them to be hit or miss w/ surface noise (I have a RCM so they got proper treatment, but still...). Hats and A Walk Across the Rooftops are much better - Peace at Last I found noisy.

Also the presentation is crap. TBH, the OG Linn copies aren't anything more than a jacket really. But TBN seemed acutely aware of their fanbases' desire for these REs so they couldn't they get a little better treatment? - at least a lined inner. The 2014 2xLP of Peace at Last had the same extra tracks that the CD deluxe edition has - seems like they could've gone this route.

Speaking of the CDs - if you buy CDs (I do) - if you don't have the deluxe editions of the first three albums then I would suggest to get them. They are readily available in the U.S. (e.g. Amazon) at reasonable prices. The extras are worthwhile and the multi-paneled digipaks are well done and make the deluxe editions feel "substantial".

I have the CD of High and I am actually more psyched for the CD deluxe edition of this than the vinyl. Keep in mind that High never saw a vinyl release, so the recording may not have had that in mind. If the vinyl makes its way to U.S. sellers I'll probably cop it but I'm not paying the close to $50 with shipping straight from TBN. The CD though - that's a buy for me.
I gave Hats a spin yesterday and it did sound absolutely incredible. By comparison I was listening to a different album right before and I had to turn the volume on my system down a lot because Hats was well and truly mastered well. Lots of space and dead quiet.

Yea, for me, Hats (both copies) were pretty flawless. AWATR is actually pretty good too. Just The Easter Parade had some noise on both copies. TBF, it is a quiet song and my OG Linn copy is noisy on that track too.

Peace at Last is the one that left a bad taste pressing-wise. But like I said, they all failed in presentation.

It does look like Amazon UK is doing pre orders for High so if you wanna save on shipping that might be a route.
Yeah I may do that because what If I want it eventually and it’s pricy from second hand sellers. Hats was new, sealed from a seller for about $55 including shipping so the others probably go for at least that.

The Maria's - Superclean vol. 1 & 2 back in stock!

Last edited:
Back