Pre-Order Thread

At first people weren't happy with VMP always being late with announcements.
Now people aren't happy with VMP because of early announcements - and of course for several other reasons that are up to discussions elsewhere. ;)
For what it's worth October is happening in about three months already. :p

Not a fan of long pre-sales, especially when you pay ahead. Just me, I suppose. Others may not care.

3.5 months to beginning of October by my calendar - any chance it will arrive on the 1st? Probably best to figure 4 months, or more... could ship 10/31 for all we know, then the 10+ days wait...

Carry on, then! :p

This is confusing....

Harkin & Sarah Silverman – My Backwards Walk

Is Sarah a musician and I was unaware? This is the best track on the album and I'm concerned that she is bringing a comedic vibe to it.

Uh oh. I hadn't noticed that. I agree completely. Please do right by the song, Sarah. I don't know Katie Harkin, but hopefully she takes the lead and sets the tone?

Not a fan of long pre-sales, especially when you pay ahead. Just me, I suppose. Others may not care.

3.5 months to beginning of October by my calendar - any chance it will arrive on the 1st? Probably best to figure 4 months, or more... could ship 10/31 for all we know, then the 10+ days wait...

Carry on, then! :p
I just wasn't sure if your post was directed at VMP or long pre-sales in general.
And of course, I understand the frustration of a long wait but in the end it's up to you if you'd like to purchase an album four months prior to release or even after it's been released.
I'll try to limit my pre-orders to those records that I wil (most certainly) enjoy - and then I don't care if it's half a year, a few months or just some days.
There will be enough people on both sides of the pre-order shore. :)

Essential.

Belle And Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
- the colored pressing should pop up at other stores as well, but Fat Beats is the only active listing I've found so far
27102dd40b997a2201f22d5b2655d7ea_900x.png
One for @Joe Mac

New Balades Sonores exclusive (limited to 100 copies) :

View attachment 7217

In the US Fat Beats has you covered:
Ofege - Higher Plane Breeze
Ofege_HPB_mockup_600x.jpg

Is this B&S repress going to be available in my local store or is it only available at fatbeats?
My guess is that it will be widely available on black vinyl:

"An exclusive color vinyl variant for this release is also available from LIGHT IN THE ATTIC (200 copies BROWN vinyl), HHV GERMANY (100 copies GREEN vinyl), BALADES SONORES FRANCE (100 copies COKE BOTTLE vinyl) & from FATBEATS (100 copies CLEAR vinyl)."

My guess is that it will be widely available on black vinyl:

"An exclusive color vinyl variant for this release is also available from LIGHT IN THE ATTIC (200 copies BROWN vinyl), HHV GERMANY (100 copies GREEN vinyl), BALADES SONORES FRANCE (100 copies COKE BOTTLE vinyl) & from FATBEATS (100 copies CLEAR vinyl)."
Nice to see HHV - they’ve been doing some lovely exclusives lately.
But I’d really love to order from LITA - just because they’re so good people. :)

I didn't see it posted (sorry if it was). Frightened Rabbit has a covers of Midnight Organ called Tiny Changes coming out. According to the band it was all planned and recorded prior to Scott's suicide.

Julien Baker covers The Modern Leper. It's good.

I'm not usually a fan of covers, but damn, Julien Baker does justice to The Modern Leper.

Chelsea Wolfe - Birth Of Violence

Acoustic doom folk from the sorceress herself!

CW_BOV_REDBLACKGALAZYVINYL_1024x1024.png

CW_BOV_REDBLACKSIDEANDB_VINYL_1024x1024.png

CW_BOV_DELUXE_1024x1024.png

What do they mean by the A Side / B Side description?

Back