Pre-Order Thread

I'm off on a quest to confirm that now... because I'd love to get this deluxe set, but I'd also love not to spend $80!
@LeSamourai: I might have misinterpreted in my haste (sorry!). In this (linked) Rolling Stone article, it's the "wooden piano" version that's slated for a 2021 release: "In addition to the remastered original LP and the “wooden piano” version — which will get a standalone release in 2021"

@LeSamourai: I might have misinterpreted in my haste (sorry!). In this (linked) Rolling Stone article, it's the "wooden piano" version that's slated for a 2021 release: "In addition to the remastered original LP and the “wooden piano” version — which will get a standalone release in 2021"

That's also very cool, and I'm psyched about hearing the "wooden piano" versions (the version of Jed's Other Poem is out now on streaming services, and it's gorgeous). That said, I've been drooling over spinning those b-sides and rarities on LP3 and LP4 for so long. So I had to go with the 4LP.

That's also very cool, and I'm psyched about hearing the "wooden piano" versions (the version of Jed's Other Poem is out now on streaming services, and it's gorgeous). That said, I've been drooling over spinning those b-sides and rarities on LP3 and LP4 for so long. So I had to go with the 4LP.
If it ends up being available at my local where I can a 20% coupon or Amazon for a reduced price I may jump on it but $80 is too steep for me at this point (I think).

1598631355035.png

SACRED BONES Exclusive Variant Features:

• Limited to 500 copies
  • The Complete Score Album by John Carpenter and Alan Howarth
  • 180 Gram Orange Marble and Blue Marble Colored Vinyl double LP
  • Old Style Tip-On Gatefold Jackets
  • 12”x12” Twelve Page Booklet
  • Unreleased Behind-The-Scenes Set Photography
  • Artwork by Marc Aspinall
Waxwork Records is proud to release John Carpenter’s Escape From New York Expanded Original Motion Picture Score. Released in 1981, Escape From New York is a science fiction action film co-written and co-scored by John Carpenter starring Kurt Russell, Donald Pleasence, Adrienne Barbeau, and Harry Dean Stanton. The film is set in the near-future world of 1997 where the United States has devolved into a coast to coast crime-ridden continent. Manhattan Island in New York City has been converted into the country’s maximum-security prison where criminal offenders are transported and forgotten. In an effort to kidnap the president of the United States, Air Force One is hijacked by insurgents and purposefully crashed into New York City. Ex-soldier and current federal prisoner, Snake Plissken (Russell) is given just 24 hours to go in and rescue the president (Pleasence), after which, if successful, Snake will be pardoned.

John Carpenter’s Escape From New York received commercial success upon its summer 1981 release and is now considered a cult classic. The film has inspired popular video games such as Metal Gear Solid, filmmakers such as J.J. Abrams, and authors such as William Gibson.

The score was written by John Carpenter and co-produced by Carpenter and Alan Howarth. Howarth used equipment including ARP and Prophet-5 synthesizers and a Linn LM-1 drum machine, as well as an acoustic piano and Fender guitars, to create the palette of sounds used in the score, while Carpenter composed the melodies on the synthesizer keyboards. As the MIDI standard had yet to be invented, Howarth manually synchronized the equipment to picture while listening to a copy of the film's dialogue. Initial inspirational directions which Carpenter shared with Howarth included albums by Tangerine Dream and The Police.

Waxwork Records is thrilled to present the expanded score album as a deluxe double LP featuring 180 gram colored vinyl, deluxe packaging, a 12”x12” twelve page booklet featuring unreleased behind-the-scenes set photography, and full album artwork by Marc Aspinall.

1598631399499.png

*Available in North America only.**

John Carpenter’s The Fog 40th Anniversary Original Motion Picture Score

SACRED BONES Exclusive Variant Features:

• Limited to 500 copies
  • The Expanded and Complete Score Album by John Carpenter
  • 180 Gram Coke Bottle Clear with Red and White Splatter Vinyl double LP
  • Old Style Tip-On Gatefold Jackets
  • 12”x12” Twelve Page Booklet
  • Unreleased Behind-The-Scenes Set Photography
  • Artwork by Jérémy Pailler
Waxwork Records is thrilled to present the 40th Anniversary Original Score release of John Carpenter’s THE FOG. The Fog is a 1980 American supernatural horror film directed, co-written, and scored by John Carpenter. It stars Adrienne Barbeau, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tom Atkins, Janet Leigh, and Hal Holbrook. It tells the story of a strange, glowing fog that sweeps over a small coastal town in California, bringing with it the vengeful ghosts of mariners who were killed in a shipwreck 100 years before.

The film is considered a cult classic and a favorite among horror fans. The Fog was Tom Atkins’ first appearance in a Carpenter film. He later appeared in other Carpenter films such as Escape From New York and Halloween III: Season of the Witch. Jamie Lee Curtis, who was the main star of Carpenter’s 1978 horror classic, Halloween, appears in The Fog as Elizabeth.

The music to The Fog by John Carpenter is a synth driven, minimalist score. The director/composer considers it to be one of his best musical works. It features dark, ambient drones, piano, and utilizes heavy usage of early synthesizers such as the Sequential Circuits Prophet 5, Prophet 10, and Minimoog Model D. Carpenter strived to achieve a softer, understated fear rather than a heavy handed, and obvious musical composition to a horror film. The now classic score successfully captures the haunting emptiness of the 1980 gothic-ghost-story to The Fog.

Waxwork Records is thrilled to present the 40th Anniversary expanded release of John Carpenter’s The Fog Original Motion Picture Score. It features a 180 gram double LP album, colored vinyl, deluxe packaging, a 12”x12” twelve page booklet including unreleased behind-the-scenes set photography, and full album artwork by Jérémy Pailler.

1598632676507.png

Julien Baker the queen of variants.

With that said I found her super late and haven't gotten Sprained Ankle yet, so maybe it's time. And I just bought the standard of Turn Out the Lights. So we'll see

I'm so pissed at Newbury over this release I refuse to buy from them again.
When I ordered a colored variant from Newbury online, they shipped the Black and when I f/u - they had sold out of all the Color variants.
Now those early color variants are going for Big money.

New Baker's Dozen! This one has an awesome list of producers.

Ordered Escape From New York, The Fog, and The Shed when they all went up...expensive morning.

We have definitely reached the point where massive RSD drops aren’t needed from a consumer standpoint. Too many awesome new vinyl options every week. And, old classic used vinyl to fill in the collection can’t be ignored either. I’m drowning here. :).

Does @wokeupnew know about this newfound foray in the the ambient unknown?
I got a bandcamp email from Polyvinyl and raised my eyebrow when it said "Ambient 1". I was eventually going to give it a listen. I'm not super big on STRFKR, only really listened to their new album a handful of times and that's it.

Back