Pre-Order Thread

@Enaz Fox and Discogs reviews sold me on it. It seems to be the consensus that its one of the best sounding versions you can get so it makes it easier for me to just get that rather than continue waffling through all 278 discogs listings lol
I would have recommended that one but I thought it was out of print and really pricey. I think it's a great pressing. Cool that they repressed it.

Speaking of which, that Aural Pleasure dude kept teasing he'd have reissues coming on sh.tv back then, did that ever happen?

Edit: according to discogs, nope!

Last edited:
Felt 4 pre-order up

I doubt anyone will be interested in this, but I have the moral obligation to post it in case anyone will be interested.

KMH-Bundle-7_900x.jpg

Kate Miller-Heidke, one of the best singer's from Australia (also remembered for singing pop opera on a fucking bending pole on last year's Eurovision) is releasing a new album on October. There are a bunch of products and bundles.

0021132052_10.jpg

https://monsterrally.bandcamp.com/album/green-magic-single

Castaways Vol. 1 is a double LP collection of four Monster Rally EPs that have never been released on vinyl. They include: Flight to the Jungle, Starlight EP, Sunflower EP and Psychic EP. In addition there are four new bonus tracks, one from each of the recording sessions that produced the various EPs.

Another Dinked Edition

View attachment 60419

For US Folks.

1596813852878.png

And here

1596813905079.png

Best pressing imo you can get of Poly is the Aural Pleasure. Newbury was selling a variant of this, not sure if they still have it. Originally it was a kickstarter. 45 rpm and cut at Sterling, it’s pretty solid. Blood Music was also good! So was the needlejuice... I bought too many copies of this at one point.

My favorites are Paper Mache, Mind Fuzz and Murder of the Universe. The gizzard thread has spilled over into here now. 😅
I agree that the Aural Pleasure is the best sounding variant, but lord knows I haven't heard them all. it's a 2xLP 45 RPM so you have to deal with changing sides more often but it sounds great and I believe it's the only pressing to contain "The Fourth Colour" in it's entirety, though it's just the full ambient noise section at the end so it's not exactly essential but it's cool that it has it.

I have the Blood Music, Needle Juice, Aural Pleasure, and Flightless variants and the Aural Pleasure is my favorite and the one I play the most. I don't have the Newbury edition but it should sound exactly the same as the initial AP press.

Nonagon Infinity was my introduction and it's essential for any Gizz fan. I'm In Your Mind Fuzz is probably my favorite and the only stuff I tend to listen to the least it's some of the older stuff (Willoughby's Beach, 12 Bar Bruise, Oddments) but it's still good I just prefer what they have involved into more than where they started.

Last edited:
SO BUMMED I MISSED THIS.

EDIT: Looks like they are a few add'l copies up on the Monster Rally website —with free shipping to boot!

Last edited:
Back