Pre-Order Thread

Figured I'd do a follow up post here as I originally posted many weeks ago.

Lori McKenna signed album from B&N. $19.99.
(Also available for much, much more from Vinceron - so nice of Lori to sign for them!)

One of the reasons this community is great is that people are unafraid to be themselves. Prior to joining this community I was unaware that so many middle aged men were part of Taylor Swift’s fan base. It’s nice to have so much open mindedness when it comes to musical taste. If anyone suggests that this forum is full of music snobs or elitists I am gonna just show them this thread. We are music sobs and elitists...with a Pop sensibility.

Figured I'd do a follow up post here as I originally posted many weeks ago.

Lori McKenna signed album from B&N. $19.99.
(Also available for much, much more from Vinceron - so nice of Lori to sign for them!)

Ordered a few weeks ago, patiently waiting. Can't believe that Magnolia didn't have any type of exclusive of this.

One of the reasons this community is great is that people are unafraid to be themselves. Prior to joining this community I was unaware that so many middle aged men were part of Taylor Swift’s fan base. It’s nice to have so much open mindedness when it comes to musical taste. If anyone suggests that this forum is full of music snobs or elitists I am gonna just show them this thread. We are music sobs and elitists...with a Pop sensibility.

Yep. Precisely why I don't ever go on Vinyl Collective anymore. If I wanted to feel bad about myself I'd just go there or reddit.

You good peoples.
546 left. Yeah, it will have probably 2-5x flip value, but we ain't about that life.

Ehhh 5x value makes me consider it. I will flip stuff sometimes. I think we all do. Vinyl is just more of a hassle to resell because it's so easy to be damaged.

But something like The Dead nike's going on sale this weekend that are $100 reselling for $1000....Yeah I'm going to try to get a pair.

Ehhh 5x value makes me consider it. I will flip stuff sometimes. I think we all do. Vinyl is just more of a hassle to resell because it's so easy to be damaged.

But something like The Dead nike's going on sale this weekend that are $100 reselling for $1000....Yeah I'm going to try to get a pair.
I do not fault anyone. It’snot really flipping if that was not your sole reason for purchasing the album in the first place. Collecting is an investment (usually a bad one) you take wins when you get the opportunity.

I do not fault anyone. It’snot really flipping if that was not your sole reason for purchasing the album in the first place. Collecting is an investment (usually a bad one) you take wins when you get the opportunity.

Yeah, that's understandable and I don't think anyone would have an issue with it. It's people who don't collect, and solely flip for the profit are the ones that annoy me.

Yea exactly. Like I sold a Lil Dicky album for $100. I never played it. Secondary market determined that's how much it was worth and someone messaged me on discogs out of the blue to see if I'd sell. It's a flip but it also funded some other buys.

Yea exactly. Like I sold a Lil Dicky album for $100. I never played it. Secondary market determined that's how much it was worth and someone messaged me on discogs out of the blue to see if I'd sell. It's a flip but it also funded some other buys.
To me personally, I think there's a slight difference in buying something to actually listen to and enjoy and then perhaps sell or trade vs. buying something that you are listing same day/next day. Without looking, I am guessing people are already listing that GD on eBay for $250-300.

Edit: Not judging if someone does that to make a buck, just not for me! And pisses me off if it's an album I want! :)

If I had $1 for every time I lost "Credibility" for being a music fan or metal fan because I like her I'd be rich. I agree it's so nice to see everyone happy and enjoying talking about music in a like minded way. So glad to see others just as excited as I am. For the longest time I was the only one in my select group of people to talk to.

Man, I sold my Lil' Dicky album a month or two too early for like $20.

T Swizzle is pretty awesome, gotta love it.

Back