Pre-Order Thread

I still have a soft spot for this album. It says back in print, so I hope that means better quality. I read about the last prints being bad...
I have a copy, no idea what pressing but it sounds pretty good. Is this a SRC release? I have some of their blink reissues and they sound great.

The address you posted was to an apartment complex and your point could’ve been made without it. Either my investigative skills are deteriorating, or they’ve since removed that information from their sites/profiles, but I could not find anything public that was as specific as what you posted. Whether it should be considered ‘doxxing’ is beside the point, it was close enough to private information being made public that it was removed.
The problem was the address. Please look back, because that is exactly what I did. I removed the address. I am new at moderating and did the wrong thing the first time. I undeleted the message and removed the address.

Edit: Any time I see an address posted here, I google map it and it looked like an apartment complex. That was a red flag to me. and why I deleted it.

I had reached out to @Colonel_Angus privately about this matter as they are someone who's actions I generally respect around here. Hell, he colored my profile picture.

I came away from my private interaction even more concerned about this than I previously had.

So thats why I'm now coming to the rest of the community as I do not believe this is at all how we would like to see how our mod team act and react. And well, when your mod/staff team fails you its time to duscuss it publicly.

Dead C has pointed out again that no, its a public address.

Both @Colonel_Angus (perhaps in a slightly condescending way) and @Kris both doubled down on the decision.

I've since shown that its not only a public address but certainly an address for multiple businesses. At which point they stopped replying.

I thought that seemed odd as I'd hope our mod team would be willing to learn and discuss things in public. Especially when we know at least one mod had threatened a banishment over the(now shown to be a non) issue.

So I asked @Colonel_Angus about it privately, which you can see the full response below.

This was how he responded, which I found concerning. A mod/staff was willing to double down publicly, but in light of new evidence refuses to respond publicly.

I find this to be quite problematic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200717-173657_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200717-173657_Chrome.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 121
I had reached out to @Colonel_Angus privately about this matter as they are someone who's actions I generally respect around here. Hell, he colored my profile picture.

I came away from my private interaction even more concerned about this than I previously had.

So thats why I'm now coming to the rest of the community as I do not believe this is at all how we would like to see how our mod team act and react. And well, when your mod/staff team fails you its time to duscuss it publicly.

Both @Colonel_Angus (perhaps in a slightly condescending way) and @Kris both doubled down on the decision.

I've since shown that its not only a public address but certainly an address for multiple businesses. At which point they stopped replying.

I thought that seemed odd as I'd hope our mod team would be willing to learn and discuss things in public. Especially when we know at least one mod had threatened a banishment over the(now shown to be a non) issue.

So I asked @Colonel_Angus about it privately, which you can see the full response below.

This was how he responded, which I found concerning. A mod/staff was willing to double down publicly, but in light of new evidence refuses to respond publicly.

@Dead C deserves an explanation in the least, or else we’ve got VMP Forum 2.0 on our hands here.

My willingness (or lack thereof) to address something like this in a DM to a party with whom had no direct involvement with the matter shouldn’t be of any concern to you. This matter is still being discussed and a NO response to your inquiry is still applicable. As someone who also generally respects your actions around here, I’m disappointed you used this as an attempt to “gotcha” for something there’s nothing yet to get.

My willingness (or lack thereof) to address something like this in a DM to a party with whom had no direct involvement with the matter shouldn’t be of any concern to you. This matter is still being discussed and a NO response to your inquiry is still applicable. As someone who also generally respects your actions around here, I’m disappointed you used this as an attempt to “gotcha” for something there’s nothing yet to get.

If you read back you'll see im not asking about what happened privately, aside from if the mods are still discussing it. I reached out to you about what happened in public, in this conmunity that I am a part of.

What you just posted now is an excellent response to my initial query. And would have avoided me posting about it to the community.

Im not trying to, "gotcha", you literally stated, "no," when asked what the mods were doing or talking about it. And as a community member I found that alarming.

Knowing that the matter is still being discussed is awesome! And I'm so glad to hear it.

I wish you'd shared that previously instead of closing with, "if anything further needs to be addressed, we’ll address it." That's the real concerning part. It sounds like you don't think anything else needs to be addressed. Just that if there's something in the future you will.

Thats all I meant. Its not personal. I still think you're great. But as a community member i have an interest in seeing this place thrive and be fun and a big part of that is how the mod/staff team handle things, especially after they've maybe made a misstep.

If you read back you'll see im not asking about what happened privately, aside from if the mods are still discussing it. I reached out to you about what happened in public, in this conmunity that I am a part of.

What you just posted now is an excellent response to my initial query. And would have avoided me posting about it to the community.

Im not trying to, "gotcha", you literally stated, "no," when asked what the mods were doing or talking about it. And as a community member I found that alarming.

If you read back, you asked if I could tell YOU what was happening with US. That’s what the no was a reply to, don’t twist it.

Knowing that the matter is still being discussed is awesome! And I'm so glad to hear it.

I wish you'd shared that previously instead of closing with, "if anything further needs to be addressed, we’ll address it." That's the real concerning part. It sounds like you don't think anything else needs to be addressed. Just that if there's something in the future you will.

Thats all I meant. Its not personal. I still think you're great. But as a community member i have an interest in seeing this place thrive and be fun and a big part of that is how the mod/staff team handle things, especially after they've maybe made a misstep.
I closed with that statement intentionally. It felt like bait and I hate that I’ve become acquiesced to that line of thinking. This reply only furthers my precautions. If anything further needs to be addressed, we’ll address it.

If you read back, you asked if I could tell YOU what was happening with US. That’s what the no was a reply to, don’t twist it.

I closed with that statement intentionally. It felt like bait and I hate that I’ve become acquiesced to that line of thinking. This reply only furthers my precautions. If anything further needs to be addressed, we’ll address it.

I feel like we're just having some semantics issues. I'm not trying to twist your use of the word, "no," but I'd hope that you would see that that is a very abrupt response.

Again, I'm arguing that something definitely needs to be addressed publicly. Thats my entire issue here.

Your response makes it sound like you feel the opposite. I'm not trying to gotcha or twist your words. This is just how I am reading your text. Is that what my take away from your response should be?

New Animal Collective live album (to celebrate MPP)

It comes out next week!
I'm on a vinyl diet and this was a no doubt about it diet breaker. The version of Fireworks on here is my favorite version of the song. They are also easily my favorite band tho

digging this up bc I am interested in getting a copy of this live album, but I would like to know how it sounds. what say you??

I feel like we're just having some semantics issues. I'm not trying to twist your use of the word, "no," but I'd hope that you would see that that is a very abrupt response.

Again, I'm arguing that something definitely needs to be addressed publicly. Thats my entire issue here.

Your response makes it sound like you feel the opposite. I'm not trying to gotcha or twist your words. This is just how I am reading your text. Is that what my take away from your response should be?
Your take away should be that, no, I will not discuss what is happening with the mods and the discussion on @Dead C.

That’s it.

Your take away should be that, no, I will not discuss what is happening with the mods and the discussion on @Dead C.

That’s it.

Cool. Then thats exactly why I posted publicly.

When you mod publicly, and you did, and then you're shown to have maybe made a misstep. Then you need to communicate with the community. Otherwise we don't know the rules and standards.

That's what community is. Thats why I posted publicly to let the reat of the community know, so that if other people see an issue with it we can begin to discuss how we'd like to see this place now and in the future.

This is community feedback.

48mmlf.jpg

Know this was posted over in the hip-hop thread but was it over here?

I still have a soft spot for this album. It says back in print, so I hope that means better quality. I read about the last prints being bad...

I just ordered this one...even if it's from SRC. Not a huge fan of them...but it seems to be the only place to order this reissue for now.

i'm really surprised that a lot of people are interested in this slipknot reissue as this could've been had as for yrs. it would go on sale at amazon for $11-14 what seems like as recent as the end of last yr beginning of this yr.. just found out today till this pre-order for the reissue this was out of print and going up in value.us who enjoy slipknot have been wanting Iowa ('01) and Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) ('04) albums on vinyl for a long time now wish the label would do a reissue for these albums.i know Slipknot is a like em or hate band but i'll always have a liking for them as the self titled '99 release got me back into metal music again.

Last edited:
i'm really surprised that a lot of people are interested in this slipknot reissue as this could've been had as for yrs. it would go on sale at amazon for $11-14 what seems like as recent as the end of last yr beginning of this yr.. just found out today till this pre-order for the reissue this was out of print and going up in value.us who enjoy slipknot have been wanting Iowa ('01) and Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) ('04) albums on vinyl for a long time now wish the label would do a reissue for these albums.i know Slipknot is a like em or hate band but i'll always have a liking for them as the self titled '99 release got me back in metal music again.
I stopped after the third album. Those three albums are good enough for me. But yeah, totally I agree with you about getting those others on vinyl.

Back