Pre-Order Thread

I'm a fan of pretty much all the Blur singles but somehow haven't bought any of their albums on vinyl. This will be perfect for me.

If I remember correctly, I purchased 3 or 4 Blur albums during one of Deep Discount's sales. Def check that site out when it holds a sale, as they might still sell them cheap. They were selling for like $12-$15 each (Think Tank, 13, Great Escape and Blur). I think all are heavyweight vinyl to boot! God that band made so many great albums.

I'm a fan of pretty much all the Blur singles but somehow haven't bought any of their albums on vinyl. This will be perfect for me.

It’s a decent collection but it only has one song off my favourite blur album (Modern Life Is Rubbish). Any blur best of without Sunday Sunday, Chemical World and Blue Jeans is a poor effort. If Midlife was on vinyl it’s probably better in a lot of ways. I’m in this for a blur vinyl album with Music Is My Radar on it lol!

oooooooh! All over this, sells for over €200 now! Dialling @gaporter for this too!
I appreciate the dial 🤗 I'm gonna wait a bit, it would be a nice thing to have in the collection for sure but it's not something I'm in a rush to get, especially since I have all the albums already. also I'm trying to cool off a little bit on the spending because I'm gearing up to maybe make a somewhat big purchase within the next week!

It’s a decent collection but it only has one song off my favourite blur album (Modern Life Is Rubbish). Any blur best of without Sunday Sunday, Chemical World and Blue Jeans is a poor effort. If Midlife was on vinyl it’s probably better in a lot of ways. I’m in this for a blur vinyl album with Music Is My Radar on it lol!
I found that once Midlife came out, I never put this album on. For me the lack of Popscene was an issue back in the day. The artwork is cool though.

I think the run from Modern Life Is Rubbish through 13 is essential, meaning this album is going to be redundant for anyone who isn't getting this just as a sampler.

D
View attachment 55819

Per a press release:

"Two of the limited edition color vinyl versions of Places, in addition to black vinyl, are now available for pre-order HERE. The splatter color vinyl can be purchased only via the DashboardConfessional.com online store, while the cloudy orange and clear vinyl is available only via independent record stores, a community that has long-supported Dashboard Confessional. A yellow and blue vinyl, limited to only 1,000 copies, can be found exclusively at VinylMePlease.com, beginning tomorrow, July 10th."
Decent price as well!

I appreciate the dial 🤗 I'm gonna wait a bit, it would be a nice thing to have in the collection for sure but it's not something I'm in a rush to get, especially since I have all the albums already. also I'm trying to cool off a little bit on the spending because I'm gearing up to maybe make a somewhat big purchase within the next week!

Haha fair enough! I’ll wait until theres a date and see if my local has it too tbh! Good to know that it might be on the way!

Ooooooooh! Intriguing 🤔

Greatest hits are good, but their catalog is way bsyy. They have good deep cuts on all their releases.

Yeah, I would get a copy if they split it with yellow/sunset or with Ice water blue! I don’t like the red + clear! 😝🙅‍♂️

I didn't even realize that was a clear split by the picture. I guess that's better... maybe.

The Piñata exclusive does look pretty cool though! I think it looks great! As if you don’t like it! I think it’s something really different! Like splatter plus’s ink blotch! 🔥

That's how my kid gets frozen yogurt. Sour gummy worms, cookie bits, pistachio flavor, chocolate, coconut... whatever.

Newbury had the sought after variant for a minute. Then VMP dropped theirs. At least this looks like an attempt at something different, I suppose, but it also looks like they spun a wheel and selected the first 3 things it landed on.

Newbury always overprices their stuff, and got away with it for awhile. Now that every release has a million variants, theirs seem to hold less value as far as being unique or special. Now they are not only doing variants of in print albums, but albums they've already done variants of within the last few years. It's the feeling of it all that doesn't jive, for me, I guess. Is there a wider reissue campaign for these titles? Seems both random and a bit watered down. To pull this again, it should feel like you're bringing something new to the table; like there's a purpose.

Even though it's still in stock, that Czarface- Every Hero variant looks cool. This Pinata looks like they're attempting a similar idea, I guess... I don't know.

To be fair, I'm the type to just pick one and be done, so maybe that's a difference worth noting. I don't need 600 variants of a Madgibbs project, where I pick up the variant where Madlib was wearing a cotton/poly blend when he mixed it and then the version where the pauses between tracks are an extra one-tenth of a second longer.

And Wu Tang reissues are on that shit, too. I already had the OG Liquid Swords vinyl and the CD I scammed from BMG, -- and the tape, I think -- when Get On Down sent me the CD box with the tiny chess pieces in it to review, and it was kind of bunk. The instrumentals were shit, where you could hear vocals muffled and bleeding over still. Then they needed to release it all as box of 7 inch singles, or do a Marvel cover, etc.etc. GZA just needs to release Dark Matter already. I'd imagine Cuban Linx is going the same route. Let's move forward.

Last edited:
I'm tempted for the same reason... I have all the albums, but Music Is My Radar is one of my favourites!

Hmmm, this was actually supposed to come out in 2018. It was put up for preorder and everything, but was delayed "indefinitely."
Hopefully this ambiguous "TBD 2020" release date actually means something this time...
I already own their discography, but this is a stellar greatest hits and totally worth picking up.
Don't tell my wife.

I'm tempted for the same reason... I have all the albums, but Music Is My Radar is one of my favourites!

Yeah it’s a great single done just for this and I’ve had my eye on the 12” and 7” versions on Discogs for ages. That said if I can get this for £30 it’s not much more than either would be + postage off Discogs.

Yeah it’s a great single done just for this and I’ve had my eye on the 12” and 7” versions on Discogs for ages. That said if I can get this for £30 it’s not much more than either would be + postage of Discogs.
Thanks...I guess I'll eventually get this or the comp then.
Joe left a 🤣 react, I'm assuming because the prices are a bit ludicrous for two songs, but in my defense I just saw $10 in the for sale thing and didn't research any further than that 😂 my bad

Joe left a 🤣 react, I'm assuming because the prices are a bit ludicrous for two songs, but in my defense I just saw $10 in the for sale thing and didn't research any further than that 😂 my bad

Hahaha! No I left a 🤣 react because I saw that you’d posted that mere seconds before I’d posted that I’d been stalking both this and the 7” on Discogs for a while lol! I paid more for fools day which is a 1 sided 1 track 7”...

Hahaha! No I left a 🤣 react because I saw that you’d posted that mere seconds before I’d posted that I’d been stalking both this and the 7” on Discogs for a while lol! I paid more for fools day which is a 1 sided 1 track 7”...
"Fool's Day" is such an underrated song, though it's a punch in the gut knowing they released the WAV for free download back when the song came out and now the webpage is down and doesn't appear to have been archived 😭

But the Music is My Radar single is in my wantlist too. A good rule of thumb for anyone who might get me for Secret Santa is I'll be happy if you just throw some weird Blur/Gorillaz/Damon paraphernalia at me, I have so many Gorillaz vinyl singles in my wantlist lol

"Fool's Day" is such an underrated song, though it's a punch in the gut knowing they released the WAV for free download back when the song came out and now the webpage is down and doesn't appear to have been archived 😭

But the Music is My Radar single is in my wantlist too. A good rule of thumb for anyone who might get me for Secret Santa is I'll be happy if you just throw some weird Blur/Gorillaz/Damon paraphernalia at me, I have so many Gorillaz vinyl singles in my wantlist lol

Yeah I think I remember downloading on April Fools day that year? I think that’s right, and then the 7” was released on RSD later that month, of course I hadn’t got into vinyl by then!

Back