Pre-Order Thread

1594129755577.png

Brothertiger - Paradise Lost (out 9/11)

0020688940_10.jpg

Anyone else preorder the signed Norah Jones' new album from Newbury? It was delayed until June 15th and then radio silence.

I asked them about it last week. Apparently they all came in damaged so have to get new copies sent. They ensured those would still be signed but don't have an ETA yet.

They got back to me pretty quick but would have been nice of them to proactively send an email out....

Yeah, im curious as well to know what took them a year to do. I already got all 4 albums so I doubt it's going to get me to buy them over in this set but we'll see.
Only way I'd be interested is if it's cheap and they are all remasters. These are all really easy to find for cheap prices still. And I'm not sure that a really good sounding copy of madvillainy exists out there...

I asked them about it last week. Apparently they all came in damaged so have to get new copies sent. They ensured those would still be signed but don't have an ETA yet.

They got back to me pretty quick but would have been nice of them to proactively send an email out....

Ah, damn. That's a bummer. For us and for Norah having to sign a bunch of new copies.

1594132394436.png

My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall II pre-order is up:

edit: their web store is currently down so I imagine there will be some items there shortly

1594133289988.png

1594133300395.png

my-morning-jacket-the-waterfall-ii-indie-edition
My Morning Jacket

The Waterfall II (Indie Edition)
INDIE ROCK/POP
ATO RECORDS 8242201
UPC: 880882422011

my-morning-jacket-the-waterfall-ii-deluxe

My Morning Jacket

The Waterfall II (Deluxe)
INDIE ROCK/POP
ATO RECORDS 8241521
UPC: 880882415211
Release Date: 8/28/2020

My Morning Jacket - The Waterfall II pre-order is up:

edit: their web store is currently down so I imagine there will be some items there shortly
View attachment 55528

View attachment 55529

my-morning-jacket-the-waterfall-ii-indie-edition
My Morning Jacket

The Waterfall II (Indie Edition)
INDIE ROCK/POP
ATO RECORDS 8242201
UPC: 880882422011

my-morning-jacket-the-waterfall-ii-deluxe
My Morning Jacket

The Waterfall II (Deluxe)
INDIE ROCK/POP
ATO RECORDS 8241521
UPC: 880882415211
Release Date: 8/28/2020

Wasn't this supposed to come out in like 2016? Did they ever discuss what the hold up was?

Per the description they held back material and made it a twofer to make more money (last bit my addendum).
This, from Stereogum, made me laugh:
Around the time of The Waterfall’s release, singer and band leader Jim James told interviewers about a second album’s worth of material from the same sessions. “The two records aren’t related or anything. I don’t want to put it out as, like, The Waterfall II or anything like that,” James told Grantland’s Steven Hyden. “I just think it’d be fun to put out another record a little bit quicker than we normally do.” It has not come out quickly, and it seemingly will be called The Waterfall II after all.

Around the time of The Waterfall’s release, singer and band leader Jim James told interviewers about a second album’s worth of material from the same sessions. “The two records aren’t related or anything. I don’t want to put it out as, like, The Waterfall II or anything like that,” James told Grantland’s Steven Hyden. “I just think it’d be fun to put out another record a little bit quicker than we normally do.” It has not come out quickly, and it seemingly will be called The Waterfall II after all.

we're here playing checkers and jim james is playing yahtzee.

I’m confused by folks that would prefer a (generally regarded) inferior color over a standard press with a better color. The standard press of the MMJ looks like it’ll be amazing.
I can't even keep track of what the standard pressings are anymore...there are way too many variants of every new release lately.

Back