Pre-Order Thread

Hmm do I need this.... Does it being Mono matter at all?
It’s an oddity for sure. Columbia had him re-record a bunch of the sun tunes note for note. Guess they wanted to cut in on Sam’s money since Sun was happy to keep repackaging singles as records.

Gotta be the band driving that price rather than the label, cuz I don't think I've ever seen a polyvinyl release sell for that much
Does seem outta character, makes me wonder if this is why there's no Early Bird edition because they didn't want to charge $40 for it and call attention to it.

Does seem outta character, makes me wonder if this is why there's no Early Bird edition because they didn't want to charge $40 for it and call attention to it.
I'm guessing it's a deal they made with Matt to release it. He's been very hardcore when it comes to his music and I believe he is that way because of how he was screwed by the majors. That's one of the reasons why we haven't gotten a legit reissue from him for You'd Prefer an Astronaut.

Anyway that's just my take on it. They're a legacy cult band at this point...

I'm guessing it's a deal they made with Matt to release it. He's been very hardcore when it comes to his music and I believe he is that way because of how he was screwed by the majors. That's one of the reasons why we haven't gotten a legit reissue from him for You'd Prefer an Astronaut.

Anyway that's just my take on it. They're a legacy cult band at this point...
Anything from Matt that's worth checking out during their 22 year album hiatus?

I think there already was a VMP variant of this a couple months ago.

Edit: Yup...

Back