Pre-Order Thread

Man, I really need to get Losing Streak and Hello Rockview. Been having some serious nostalgia due to the announcement of the THPS remakes and that reminded me, I think the game Street Sk8er introduced me to LTJ. Are they out of print too?
I got each one on Discogs or eBay (can't recall) for like 50/60 each. Repress someday, probably. These are the "big 3" albums of theirs for me. Stoked to have Anthem!!!!

Man, this album is pretty great, right?

Prefer it to his last one on first listen.

That tour variant is pretty awesome, couldn't resist:

View attachment 47968

Seems like it's going fast. 280-something left of 750.

Edit: really like that scary dream shirt too, but I might get in trouble for ordering more records already 😬
love this. copped the tour variant immediately - no regrets...

I got each one on Discogs or eBay (can't recall) for like 50/60 each. Repress someday, probably. These are the "big 3" albums of theirs for me. Stoked to have Anthem!!!!
I bought Hello Rockview for $50 and I don’t recall putting any thought behind it. I believe the spirit of my 17-year-old self was responsible for that purchase.

Just saw this. Hell yes. He's my favorte singer songwriter.
David Ramirez is great..and very entertaining live. He's also in Glorietta, which is a great album from a central-Texas super group. Just an incredible and powerful voice.

A buddy bought some handwritten lyrics that Ramirez offered up on Instagram last December...still hasn't received them...so I think he focuses more on songwriting. ;)

Continuing saga of trying to cancel my Fiona Apple pre-order. What exactly about the nature of a pre-order is not cancellable? View attachment 47973

Edit: and they absolutely stone walled me on the phone. Fuck this company.
"Due to the nature of pre-orders"???? The nature of a pre-order is that you're placing an order for a product that doesn't even exist yet. Seems like that's pretty easy to change or cancel to me.

Continuing saga of trying to cancel my Fiona Apple pre-order. What exactly about the nature of a pre-order is not cancellable? View attachment 47973

Edit: and they absolutely stone walled me on the phone. Fuck this company.

Got my refund today, but it came after weeks of no response. I sent a fresh email, rather than another response to the confirmation email, and told them that I got the standard form email promising a 48hr response time that never happened. I also mentioned that, within that time frame, I've seen multiple other people who had reached out after I had receive refunds. This is what they just sent me.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting the Sony Music Store.

While you have already accessed the download, I still cancelled your order and you will not be charged. However, usually we do not allow this after downloading. I hope that this helps!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Alice

I never downloaded anything. I have spotify. This is a fairly new computer, and the only albums on it right now are the Ty Segall Nilsson cover album and an advanced copy of the new Bibio album. No idea where they got that from, but at least I got my money back.

David Ramirez is great..and very entertaining live. He's also in Glorietta, which is a great album from a central-Texas super group. Just an incredible and powerful voice.

A buddy bought some handwritten lyrics that Ramirez offered up on Instagram last December...still hasn't received them...so I think he focuses more on songwriting. ;)

Yeah, I have seen him a few times and I swear by him. That isn't cool about him not sending lyrics that your friend paid for. I would be pretty upset about that.

"Due to the nature of pre-orders"???? The nature of a pre-order is that you're placing an order for a product that doesn't even exist yet. Seems like that's pretty easy to change or cancel to me.

I disputed it with my CC. But I think just repeat requesting refund quoting other people being granted them should work.

This was a very shady album rollout on their part

Man, this album is pretty great, right?

Prefer it to his last one on first listen.

That tour variant is pretty awesome, couldn't resist:

View attachment 47968

Seems like it's going fast. 280-something left of 750.

Edit: really like that scary dream shirt too, but I might get in trouble for ordering more records already 😬
Yeah, I am all over this.

This thread hasn't been poppin' off this much in one day since early March

giphy.gif

TMR-6 is here, limited to 100. Pothead rap.

I disputed it with my CC. But I think just repeat requesting refund quoting other people being granted them should work.

This was a very shady album rollout on their part

They send you the digital and then use that to refuse refunds. The obvious solution would be to change the wording to include a disclaimer that any early cancellations would subtract the price of a digital copy. They'd cover themselves better that way and it's more difficult to argue. The obvious problem being that they claim they can tell whether or not you've used it, while at the same time, being completely wrong about it.

Back