Pre-Order Thread

Like I said earlier, I think the number that pops up when you cart a lot of stuff is just the percentage of copies available.
So if it says 8 then it's 8% of the 1000 copies available, which means that 80~ are still available.

I see. It seems like it might be 10% of what's left. Maybe, they won't let you cart more than 10% of remaining stock

U2 'Unforgettable Fire' and 'Atomic Bomb' colored vinyl up for pre-order.

https://shop.u2.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWUSD&sku=U2T88816

Africa Express - Egoli
a2946400838_16.jpg

Music collective Africa Express announce the release of a brand new
studio album titled EGOLI, coming 12th July 2019 on the newly created Africa Express Records imprint.
Hailed as the most revolutionary force in popular music for two
decades, Africa Express was founded in 2006 and brings together
musicians from different cultures, genres and generations to break
boundaries and offer a new perspective on Africa and its music.
Each record and event is unique, based upon on-the-spot collaboration and filled with unique moments of magic; the collective have hosted trips and concerts in Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Mali and UK to date.
Africa Express travelled to South Africa in January of last year to
complete an electronic album in just 7 days, a week of discovery,
collaboration and music-making. The result is EGOLI – 18 tracks
capturing the fresh, joyous sounds of Afro Futurism, straight out of
Johannesburg.
Featured artists include Damon Albarn, Blue May, Gruff Rhys, Georgia,
Ghetts, Mr Jukes, Nick Zinner, Remi Kabaka, Otim Alpha and Poté as
well as emerging and established stars of the buzzing South African
music scene including BCUC, Blk Jks, Dominowe, Faka, Infamous Boiz, DJ Spoko, Mahotella Queens, Moonchild Sanelly, Muzi, Morena Leraba, Nonku Phiri, Radio 123, Sibot, Sho Madjozi, Zola 7, Zolani Mahola
(Freshly Ground) and Maskandi guitar legend Phuzekhemisi.

Not this time.

The way that these forums and threads move... It's definitely possible that something could have been misread, or a post was missed. I mean, I got up yesterday and tried to buy this shit thinking it was Friday. After a while, I was like, "Hold up.... " This morning when they delayed posting it, I almost had to wonder.

These are about to be gone and, I don't know if it's funny or sad that this seems like a long time for something to be up. I'm used to bandcamp sales like this being gone in minutes for certain titles I've tried to grab. 1,000 is proving a decent number to give people enough of a window to grab it.

11 left
I appreciate the thought nonetheless. Like I said, I always assume the worst. You’re right, It’s hard to convey tone through messages and that’s why when the S/O tries to have a serious conversation through text, I just tell her to wait because something could be taken out of context. I apologize.

I think 1000 was a damn good number vs the scarcity of this album. Did you end up getting one?

I appreciate the thought nonetheless. Like I said, I always assume the worst. You’re right, It’s hard to convey tone through messages and that’s why when the S/O tries to have a serious conversation through text, I just tell her to wait because something could be taken out of context. I apologize.

I think 1000 was a damn good number vs the scarcity of this album. Did you end up getting one?

Yeah. Like I said earlier, my dad had a job driving that Mac Tonight motherfucker in the moon head around in a big ass car, back in the day. It's mandatory that I pick this up.

I think there's a picture of him lounging on that promotional hooptie somewhere.

Also, to be fair, the odds of me being sarcastic on the internet are pretty good.

The Saint Pepsi side of the album is so gorgeous

vinyl is sold out btw.
if you missed it your only other opportunity will be tomorrow at 12:00 P.M EST on the r/vaporvinyl subreddit. Mod there secured 40 copies to do a group buy for reduced shipping to US buyers. Should be first come first serve. They have more info about it on the reddit.

Thanks for this heads up today. I know there was mention of it on Wednesday and if you had not posted it, I would have remembered it at 6pm and, of course, would all be sold out. 🤘

It's officially up. Whoever called $32 each...you were right. $90 for the bundle.

Just a reminder of the black variant availability as a $75 bundle (including S&H):
Also, if you all are S&H phobic seller get_importcds is having a sale thru eBay where you save 20% if you spend over $75 (and free shipping) and the have The Incredible Bongo Band and the Skull Snaps (plus a wide variety of other releases). Instead of dropping $90 on the VMP bundle I am going to drop like $120 with importCD and get 8 LP’s instead of 3.

I know others have had issues with them in the past but I have always had good luck with them.

I am FOMO but not spending $40 on a thing that I don't particularly like. I'm still not jaded enough to buy something strictly to flip it.
Yeah, if you don't like it, definitely don't go for it. I personally was sucked into the sound after sampling a couple tracks. Does that mean it'll earn a permanent stay in my collection? Maybe, maybe not.

Yeah, if you don't like it, definitely don't go for it. I personally was sucked into the sound after sampling a couple tracks. Does that mean it'll earn a permanent stay in my collection? Maybe, maybe not.
I have never gotten the whole vaporware thing personally (though my taste is always changing, if you told me a couple years ago I would really dig 1970’s jazz fusion I would have laughed my ass off). There are plenty of albums I want more and when it’s something super limited that I am not super into I tell myself there is plenty of shit out there that I do currently want and that my $ would be better spent on plus it gives others the opportunity to get something they sure as hell would enjoy much more than me. To each his/her own though, the collecting aspect to this hobby is a large part of its appeal.

I have never gotten the whole vaporware thing personally (though my taste is always changing, if you told me a couple years ago I would really dig 1970’s jazz fusion I would have laughed my ass off). There are plenty of albums I want more and when it’s something super limited that I am not super into I tell myself there is plenty of shit out there that I do currently want and that my $ would be better spent on plus it gives others the opportunity to get something they sure as hell would enjoy much more than me. To each his/her own though, the collecting aspect to this hobby is a large part of its appeal.
Vaporwave to me doesn't come across as music, it comes across as a constant feeling or emotion cemented in a particular time and place. I know that's corny AF but it really resonated with me after months/years of not listening to it because I thought it was a weird niche style of music that only internet memers a generation below me understood. Alas, I now follow like 4 different surreal meme accounts and laugh my ass off daily.

I think it was George Clanton's 100% Electronica that got me into it.

U2 'Unforgettable Fire' and 'Atomic Bomb' colored vinyl up for pre-order.

https://shop.u2.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWUSD&sku=U2T88816
@Enoch @bettim84

I know that's corny AF but it really resonated with me after months/years of not listening to it because I thought it was a weird niche style of music that only internet memers a generation below me understood.

That was my sentiments exactly. I was always into groups/artists like FM-84 who took more an electronic heavy synth pop than what I’ve listened to. Then I started getting into the vapor wave genre. I’m not saying that I am heavily invested into the genre but, Late Night Delight was one I really enjoyed.

Vaporwave to me doesn't come across as music, it comes across as a constant feeling or emotion cemented in a particular time and place. I know that's corny AF but it really resonated with me after months/years of not listening to it because I thought it was a weird niche style of music that only internet memers a generation below me understood. Alas, I now follow like 4 different surreal meme accounts and laugh my ass off daily.

I think it was George Clanton's 100% Electronica that got me into it.
That makes complete sense though being a soulless vampire I need more than emotional resonance to be attracted to music. Not that I don’t enjoy emotional music and I appreciate the idea behind vaporwave It just hasn’t clicked with me.

Pre-orders for The Fever 333's album on pink vinyl are up! Album's been out on digital for months, finally on wax in late June.
FFO: Rage Against the Machine, letlive.

Not sure if there are any other Teen Suicide/American Pleasure Club/Run For Cover Records fans in here but they have a vault sale here

Also there is an auction on their EBAY store that started at 3 for more things including Wicca Phase, Field Medic, and American Pleasure Club

You are right. I posted that instead of buying in order to give my hands something to do while the opportunity waned away.

Truthfully, all that FOMO is the devil. I know that it's only been a week, but since the VMP forum vanished, not a single exclusive has sold out. Sometimes you have to weigh if you'll regret something later, because you'll want it and it will be difficult to track. That's the hard bit. But, most of the time, you'll just see and/or remember something else that you know you want, shortly after, and then have to debate spending more money on that.

Last edited:
BEAST COAST
DF40C844-05AC-4BB3-A188-A6F10FDC0332.jpeg

BEAST COAST
View attachment 2365
Man I enjoyed this (and didn’t even know it existed). I really liked Flatbush Zombie’s early mix tape stuff BetterOffDEAD was great. I was super disappointed in both their studio albums (I think I dig their flow much more than their production choices) I enjoy the idea much more than the execution. And I really enjoyed Joey Bada$$ 1999 but haven’t kept up with him over the past 10 years. All that to say these guys all gel really well together of I really enjoyed all 3 tracks I have heard this far. Shipping was steep ($15) but I haven’t purchased any new hip-hop on wax in a while and now I am looking forward to rattling my windows with the deep bass on “Left Hand”. Good stuff. Thanks for showing me that it existed!

Back