Pre-Order Thread

Sweet. Also didn’t realize Martin Courtney put out another solo album last year.

BEANS-BOOTSNCATS-LEVITATIONEDITION-COVER_ASIDEBSIDEVINYL_1024x1024.jpg

Going to wait on this one since I was not the biggest fan of The Main Thing. I know what Real Estate are about but they sounded far too sleepy on that one and veered off into modern-day Teenage Fanclub too often.

Going to wait on this one since I was not the biggest fan of The Main Thing. I know what Real Estate are about but they sounded far too sleepy on that one and veered off into modern-day Teenage Fanclub too often.
The Real Thing was the first Real Estate record I didn’t purchase on wax. I still might eventually add it if I stumble across a cheap copy but it’s far from their best work.

The Real Thing was the first Real Estate record I didn’t purchase on wax. I still might eventually add it if I stumble across a cheap copy but it’s far from their best work.
The deluxe edition is still available on the label’s site. I just got it from Discogs for like 1/3rd the price, which is likely what I’ll do for this one too.

PH_LP_BB_23A_ATT.jpg

FH_LP_SSBA-01.jpg

JUN_LP_FSP_23A.jpg

PH_LP_HST_23_LBP.jpg

The deluxe edition is still available on the label’s site. I just got it from Discogs for like 1/3rd the price, which is likely what I’ll do for this one too.
It's a shame because they were 4 for 4 up until The Main Thing (even though I don't care for their first one as much as lots of people do)

BEANS-BOOTSNCATS-LEVITATIONEDITION-COVER_ASIDEBSIDEVINYL_1024x1024.jpg

It's a shame because they were 4 for 4 up until The Main Thing (even though I don't care for their first one as much as lots of people do)
I forgot they had a 2021 EP in there as well, so they've been churning stuff out. I think with The Main Thing the production just felt a little harsh and a touch empty, which isn't great for a band that's built on vibes. Think if Beach House released a record where the vocals became the forefront of the recording, just wouldn't work. Still excited to give this new one a listen though.

DAWES-SDE-ANNI-1_e173cd54-0dbd-42a9-bff9-ea8a1ddfd135.png

DAWES-SDE-ANNI-1_e173cd54-0dbd-42a9-bff9-ea8a1ddfd135.png

I wish Dawes would end.

Edit: Whoops - wrong thread.

Back