Pre-Order Thread

It was that much? The ebay prices aren't terrible then....

It was $75 plus tax and shipping which was $19. I got American Heartbreak for about $22.00 on the Target Buy 2 Get One Free last year and the new S/T for less than $30 from Target, so maybe I deserved to get hosed on this, I don't know. @Corycm is probably right though, they'll probably release a non numbered version through a distributor at some point. Big reason I bought is that I think Zach's live music is better than his studio stuff.

Last edited:
Meet the Parents is sneaky quotable. But I don’t understand how people quote the Simpsons beyond the obvious lines, maybe I was born too late for that.
We are about the same age. If feel like you just need to watch more Simpsons.

We just got back from spending a week with my SO’s parents. Her father basically watches two things on TV, Cardinals baseball and Westerns. Since baseball is over there was a lot of GRIT TV on the television over the last few days and they were running commercials for The Texan staring Rory Calhoun, which finally allowed us to fully appreciate the “look at you there standing on your hind legs like a couple of Rory Calhoun’s” quote that we’d been quoting for half our lives. Neither me nor my SO knew who Rory Calhoun was and had never bothered to look it up. Coincidentally, a couple days later Rory would also appear on a 1983 rerun of The Price Is Right where he and other cast mates were promoting his 1982 CBS soap opera, Capitol. What a time to be alive.

We are about the same age. If feel like you just need to watch more Simpsons.

We just got back from spending a week with my SO’s parents. Her father basically watches two things on TV, Cardinals baseball and Westerns. Since baseball is over there was a lot of GRIT TV on the television over the last few days and they were running commercials for The Texan staring Rory Calhoun, which finally allowed us to fully appreciate the “look at you there standing on your hind legs like a couple of Rory Calhoun’s” quote that we’d been quoting for half our lives. Neither me nor my SO knew who Rory Calhoun was and had never bothered to look it up. Coincidentally, a couple days later Rory would also appear on a 1983 rerun of The Price Is Right where he and other cast mates were promoting his 1982 CBS soap opera, Capitol. What a time to be alive.
Probably true. My problem is being spoon fed South Park when I was coming of age so Simpsons required a bit more digging on some of the jokes. Obviously John Swartzwelder wrote their most beloved stuff and he’s firmly a boomer, so I feel a decent knowledge of history is required to appreciate certain things. Nevertheless, I try to go back and catch a few episodes every once in a while.

Spiderman2-Spread.jpg

It was $75 plus tax and shipping which was $19. I got American Heartbreak for about $22.00 on the Target Buy 2 Get One Free last year and the new S/T for less than $30 from Target, so maybe I deserved to get hosed on this, I don't know. @Corycm is probably right though, they'll probably release a non numbered version through a distributor at some point. Big reason I bought is that I think Zach's live music is better than his studio stuff.

Or it just stays as a limited press for years 🤷‍♂️

Bartees-Strange-Live-Forever-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2548529_1024x1024.jpg

Pressing Plant: "we can press color in color records, half and half split color vinyl, splatter discs, or pin-wheel records."

Newbury: "can we do all of them at once?"

Pressing Plant: "so you want the works. Sure no problem"

Probably true. My problem is being spoon fed South Park when I was coming of age so Simpsons required a bit more digging on some of the jokes. Obviously John Swartzwelder wrote their most beloved stuff and he’s firmly a boomer, so I feel a decent knowledge of history is required to appreciate certain things. Nevertheless, I try to go back and catch a few episodes every once in a while.
As much as I loved South Park it wasn’t shown daily in syndication on my local Fox affiliates during most of my formative years. My small hometown cable company didn’t even get Comedy Central until midway through high school. Prior to that we had to have the buddy that lived out in the country with the Satellite dish record it and then we’d get together in another friend’s basement and watch it.

I get what you mean regarding some of the Simpsons references, I had no clue who Steve Allen, Mary Werth, or Eudora Welty amongst many other references were at the time but the jokes still seemed to work regardless.

As much as I loved South Park it wasn’t shown daily in syndication on my local Fox affiliates during most of my formative years. My small hometown cable company didn’t even get Comedy Central until midway through high school. Prior to that we had to have the buddy that lived out in the country with the Satellite dish record it and then we’d get together in another friend’s basement and watch it.

I get what you mean regarding some of the Simpsons references, I had no clue who Steve Allen, Mary Werth, or Eudora Welty amongst many other references were at the time but the jokes still seemed to work regardless.

I still don't know who Eudora Welty is.

da674321ac1b4574988097cc226ac109_1800x1800.jpg

Wild that they're doing another exclusive of this when the other two have been super discounted (like $10) on Newbury's site for months.
I remember when their first exclusive came out it was the only version in stock or in print at the time and I was so excited to own it I paid whatever inflated price they were asking ($30 maybe?) like a chump.

Great album though.

Back