Pre-Order Thread

Just seeing this now but what the fuck! I bet this is someone working at the label that wanted to unload their copies of all these albums. Usually when labels "find old copies" they find old copies. Plural. Not just a single copy of different rare records. And they don't sell them at flipper prices. Barsuk taking a huge L on this one.

I'm not going to defend them at all for how this was handled, just as frustrated/angry as everyone else. Even if Discogs is taking a cut, this was still selling at secondary market prices, which sucks. I do think their explanation holds up, though. They moved to a new warehouse earlier this year and a new office over the Summer.

Like, this is a whole ass record label, right? If they’re not doing well, maybe they should phrase it that way. Instead of what they’re doing, which is effectively “you pay these prices for flippers, why not us?”

Edit: discogs commenting on their post, so guessing the label got paid by discogs and thus they get a cut

View attachment 186663
Lloyd Starr strikes again!

View attachment 134890

@Lee Newman I am sure you have already ordered it but if you haven't. 6 month lead time. @Endtro @KenKaniff @wynn72 would also probably be interested in this.
And in the realm of shit I preordered a long ass time ago…. Just got shipping notice on this. Hey Bandbox!

TMBGWhyMockup2_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Now *that’s* a niche target audience. But I’m sure all three of them will be super excited about this release.

Hey, I'm one of the three! Rookie of the Year is a childhood favorite movie and weird movie soundtrack covers is kind of a fun thing for me. Plus...I literally purchased a couple of his other baseball cards this year.

Plus, Stifler's Mom on vinyl, must have obviously.

Hey, I'm one of the three! Rookie of the Year is a childhood favorite movie and weird movie soundtrack covers is kind of a fun thing for me. Plus...I literally purchased a couple of his other baseball cards this year.

Plus, Stifler's Mom on vinyl, must have obviously.
He played a solo set at a local brewery last year. I would’ve gone but was out of town. Since then I’ve seen his name pop up a lot for his music, so maybe he’s taking off a bit?

Rookie of the Year and A Kid in King Arthur’s Court were on repeat for me in the 90s. Rookie of the Year still has a ton of rewatchability for a “kid’s” movie

Back