Pre-Order Thread

He’s one of the few critics/journalists I like because he knows his stuff and he really cares even if I’d often not agree.

It’s not about an absence of wit or plot or dialogue or even the reductive nature. There is a nasty undercurrent to all his film making. Yes they’re big, yes they’re bad, yes they’re reductive, plenty of action is and remains fun, but they’re also mean spirited. That’s what I’ve always hated about Michael Bay’s films.
I agree about that on some of his films. I don’t really think The Rock, Bad Boys or Armageddon have a nasty undercurrent to them and those are his “best” films. I mostly joke about Michael Bay. He’s made a lot of crap. But those three are enjoyable in their own ways.

I agree about that on some of his films. I don’t really think The Rock, Bad Boys or Armageddon have a nasty undercurrent to them and those are his “best” films. I mostly joke about Michael Bay. He’s made a lot of crap. But those three are enjoyable in their own ways.

I quite clearly have very different memories of all those films that you do lol. The last of them in particular! The less said about that Aerosmith song the better too.

Last edited:
He’s one of the few critics/journalists I like because he knows his stuff and he really cares even if I’d often not agree.

It’s not about an absence of wit or plot or dialogue or even the reductive nature. There is a nasty undercurrent to all his film making. Yes they’re big, yes they’re bad, yes they’re reductive, plenty of action is and remains fun, but they’re also mean spirited. That’s what I’ve always hated about Michael Bay’s films.
I have to admit to never having heard of Michael Bay (films not so much my thing as music) but I've loved Mark Kermode for a long time. Have you heard any of his musical stuff? He had a skiffle band that was the house band on Danny Baker's chat show which was pretty great. Can only find this of them (not sure what Americans will make of Timmy Mallett)

And this from his more recent band at a wonderful venue

I white clearly have very different memories of all those films that you do lol. The last of them in particular! The less said about that Aerosmith song the better too.
Armageddon is pretty much the most American movie ever made. 95% of the movie seems to have been shot at magic hour and there's an American flag in nearly every shot.

It's an absurd movie but I remember finding it entertaining. Also, The Rock and Armageddon are on Criterion Collection so clearly somebody at Criterion shares my great taste in film.

But… this is a two disc best of… is it the album and all the b-sides? Also, I don’t know I only remember the one song.

Girl I'm Gonna Miss You, All or Nothing, Baby Don't Forget My Number. Girl You Know It's True. I actually own Girl You Know It's True on vinyl so need for the greatest hits for me.

The less said about that Aerosmith song the better too
I saw the movie in theaters and had to step out to the bathroom during this scene. I returned and asked my friend what I missed. He said “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing.” I said “yeah, OK. Don’t go to the bathroom then. But what did I miss.” He once again proclaimed I DONT WANT TO MISS A THI-yeah I’m bored this is a terrible joke

I saw the movie in theaters and had to step out to the bathroom during this scene. I returned and asked my friend what I missed. He said “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing.” I said “yeah, OK. Don’t go to the bathroom then. But what did I miss.” He once again proclaimed I DONT WANT TO MISS A THI-yeah I’m bored this is a terrible joke
And the dad award goes to MFMD for I DON’T WANT TO MISS A THING.

1696426492689.png

Back