Pre-Order Thread

Limp Bizkit are the Michael Bay of music.

Also who is that guy doing that video. He’s just an idiot.
That’s the Melon, self proclaimed busiest nerd on the internet. I used to hate him, then I liked him as his takes were mildly amusing, then hated him again because he leaned in on just how many people hated him. Self awareness only works if you work out the actual self awareness part.

Limp Bizkit are the Michael Bay of music.

Also who is that guy doing that video. He’s just an idiot.
Anthony Fantano -- as MFMD says, colloquially known as "Melon" -- a music reviewer on the youtubes. I appreciate some of his takes and some I disagree with. (Personally I think $3 dolla billz y'all is bizkit's best and possibly only good album)

First Transformers kinda rips too. Haven’t seen his latest stuff like Pain & Gain, 13 Hours and Ambulance. Have a bit of a soft spot for Bad Boys II as well. Is this the Michael Bay thread now? Thanks @Joe Mac !
Pain and Gain is a weird one but I remember enjoying it when it came out. Ambulance is also wild. Most gratuitous use of drone footage I’ve ever seen in a movie.

The characters quote other Michael Bay movies at least twice in Ambulance haha

Pain and Gain is a weird one but I remember enjoying it when it came out. Ambulance is also wild. Most gratuitous use of drone footage I’ve ever seen in a movie.

I had a blast with Ambulance.. It was pretty fun watching Jake G go fully feral. I think with all of Bay's films you have to just kind of turn logic off for the most part and let the madness take over which some people don't seem to get and worry too much about "plot holes" or "inaccuracies" which he obviously gives zero eff's about haha

The ecstacy scene in Bad Boys II might still be my favorite single scene in any of his movies though..

She announced a show this morning in Nashville in my favorite club that holds maybe 150 people. Finally going to get to see her live. I love all her albums.
You're in for a treat. When she finally made it to Milwaukee in 2021 at Summerfest, I was so stoked. She definitely did not disappoint. 🤘

Funny you mention Pain and Gain. This is a clip from a film podcast I watch and is still one of the funniest film reviews I’ve heard.

This guy thinks Crash is a near perfect movie so…😬

I think if you go into a Michael Bay movie expecting for it to be witty, you’ve already lost haha

He’s one of the few critics/journalists I like because he knows his stuff and he really cares even if I’d often not agree.

It’s not about an absence of wit or plot or dialogue or even the reductive nature. There is a nasty undercurrent to all his film making. Yes they’re big, yes they’re bad, yes they’re reductive, plenty of action is and remains fun, but they’re also mean spirited. That’s what I’ve always hated about Michael Bay’s films.

Back