Pre-Order Thread

Frame3_grande.jpg

Yep. Easily the 3rd best Oasis album for me.

Yeah even before this compilation the singles for the first 3 albums were as big events as the albums for me as a teen. In the days of 90s CD singles you got 3 b sides and they were always as strong as singles!

Noel still says one of his biggest regrets is that these weren’t saved to be the third oasis album instead of being b sides!

Yeah even before this compilation the singles for the first 3 albums were as big events as the albums for me as a teen. In the days of 90s CD singles you got 3 b sides and they were always as strong as singles!

Noel still says one of his biggest regrets is that these weren’t saved to be the third oasis album instead of being b sides!
Yeah. I mean "Acquiesce" and "Talk Tonight" being B Sides on the same single is just criminal.

I always kind of think of this as the lost 3rd Oasis album anyway.

Yeah. I mean "Acquiesce" and "Talk Tonight" being B Sides on the same single is just criminal.

I always kind of think of this as the lost 3rd Oasis album anyway.

And also Headshrinker. I love punky oasis, really suits young Liam’s voice! Also probably the poorest oasis song to be picked as a single to that point! Not a slight on some might say, just a measure of how ridiculously strong definitely maybe was.

Yeah Noel admits that at that time songs were just sort of poring out of him. Often the label would ring him up to record 3 b sides (or two and pick a live track) and he’d write them on the train/bus/car to the studio and they’d be these tracks! He regretted that when the writers block hit for Standing on the Shoulder of Giants.

This is a desert island album for me, and I just stumbled upon a listing for a 'newly remastered' reissue coming this Friday. What?! According to discogs, it's been almost 40 years since the last release of this album on vinyl (1985), so that's big news for me. Jackson Browne apparently has his own record label now (Inside Recordings), which I think has something to do with ownership of his masters reverting to him. I've had luck getting answers to my questions (via instagram) about two other titles they/he released recently. I'm hopeful I can learn more about the mastering on this one.

Not that I'm assuming there's much interest here, but figured I'd follow up with this information I found--looks like it was just posted today. This reissue (180 g vinyl) "was remastered from the original analog master tapes" and overseen by Jackson Browne, whatever that might mean. Looks like a pretty nice package for the $23 retail price.

Picture2-1024x516.jpg.webp

Justin-Townes-Earle-Harlem-River-Blues-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2655489_1024x1024.jpg

Elliott-Smith-New-Moon-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2620894_1024x1024.jpg

Frame3_grande.jpg

Anyone see a US based source?

REV009C-1-Bold-Clear-1024-2.jpg

Puscifer-Live_bundle3.jpg

Puscifer-Live_bundle4.jpg

Justin-Townes-Earle-Harlem-River-Blues-Exclusive-Color-Vinyl-LP-2655489_1024x1024.jpg

This, to my mind is one of those “perfect” albums, top to bottom. Though the black version is out there cheaper.

I agree with this and think that he will have to be involved given his still very close relationship with Liam. If it happens I am coming to the UK for at least one show!

Masterplan is honestly better than WTSMG to me. I would rank it their second best album.

Yeah same. Only Definitely Maybe would be above it for me too.

Also totally be trying to get tickets for Manchester if they did. The oasis gigs were always massive there and it’d be cool to see if I could manage to get together some old faces from my time there too.

Yeah same. Only Definitely Maybe would be above it for me too.

Also totally be trying to get tickets for Manchester if they did. The oasis gigs were always massive there and it’d be cool to see if I could manage to get together some old faces from my time there too.

Would be a great excuse for me to finally visit Manchester...

Back