Pre-Order Thread

Here comes the latest release from Soul Step Records. Want to learn more? Come visit our thead in the Vinyl Clubs section!

For Fans Of:
Marvin Gaye, Durand Jones & The Indications, & Sam Cooke....

One of the biggest releases ever on Soul Step Records was the landmark LP from Brian Owens, “Soul of Cash.” Needing multiple represses to keep up with the demand, it made sense that the latest offering from Soul Step Records comes from the Soulman from St. Louis - Brian Owens & The Deacons of Soul.

Soul Step Records proudly announces SSR-054, Brian Owens & The Deacons of Soul with “Soul of Ferguson.” This LP is jam packed with Brian Owens’ unique Throwback St. Louis soul with a Motown touch.

Soul music is something that is hard to define, but it’s instantly recognizable when you hear it. All it takes to hear the soul on this record is to drop the needle on the vinyl. This album has such a charging rhythm section, driving horns, and front and center is Brian Owens’ magnetic voice. As a bonus, Michael McDonald from The Doobie Brothers even lends vocals to this album.

This album resonates LOVE. Songs about our lovers, our children, our family, and our community. There is so much room for love in the world, and Brian Owens and The Deacons of Soul bring that needed feeling on every single track of this LP.

Available to Soul Step Subscribers on September 28th and to the general public on September 30th. There will be a limited to 100 variant of this vinyl on Bumblebee Yellow and Black vinyl. The remaining run will be on Black vinyl.
IMG_6550.jpg

Vegyn's latest album "ONLY DIAMONDS CUT DIAMONDS" is releasing in November. He's gone ahead and put up a 2xLP pre-order for it, along with some other merch.

$25: VEGYN

View attachment 17989

Vegyn is an electronic music producer and longtime collaborator with Frank Ocean. If you've listened to any of Frank's blonded episodes, chances are you've heard Vegyn there.
He began the year with a proclamation that he would be releasing 100 new tracks, and soon-after released his 70-something track album "Text While Driving If You Want To Meet God!"

Now he has announced the follow up 16 track follow up to it. Like three singles of it are out already, including this track witch features Jpegmafia and Lord Apex:

And here's another single

But the real question is...will it blend?

source.gif

Edit: No one gets my sense of humor. :cry:

Last edited:
I'm really excited about this one. Never been pressed and if you haven't heard it, it's amazing:

He definitely had a more Iron & Wine vibe back on this first record.

Tried to text the number but it won't work. Maybe because I'm international. Either way, would someone mind tagging me here if they see that this goes on sale?

Tried to text the number but it won't work. Maybe because I'm international. Either way, would someone mind tagging me here if they see that this goes on sale?
I'll keep an eye out for you. I texted it yesterday and the message back was simply "You're signed up to receive Strand of Oaks emails!" So, info forthcoming. Tim has been on fire on instagram lately - hilarious vid posts.

Back